19

Callie sighed to herself as she sat feeding amber. She looked down to her little girl and sighed as Christine walked into the living room and looked to her. Things had been tense between Callie and Christine. Since Christine had learn about Simon. Christine looked to Callie and signed “we need to talk” she said as Callie sat Amber up on her knee and winded her. Christine took a seat and looked to Callie “you and...Simon, how serious is it?” Christine asked as Callie sighed “I love him and I know what your thinking, I said it with tom but I mean it. I do love him but you don’t need to worry about it. I know that he doesn’t love me, we had one night and I had amber. Its over, he doesn’t treat me right, so I ended things” Callie said as Christine looked to her and smiled and placed a hand on her arm “don’t let him break your heart, you have been hurt enough,  that’s all I am saying”  Christine said as Callie looked to her and smiled “thanks mum”  Callie said as she held amber close and smiled.

***

Callie got to school and smiled to Charlee who looked to her. Charlee was worried over her sister and knew that it was all to do with Simon lowsley. “are you okay?” Charlee asked Callie who looked to her and smiled “yeah, I will be” Callie said as Simon walked out of the office and looked to Callie. “callie. A word” he said as she nodded. Charlee looked to her and smiled. He walked to her as she crossed her arms over her chest and sighed. “can we talk” he asked as she nodded “im sorry, I do love you” He said as she rolled her eyes “it can’t, I...I slept with someone else” Callie said as he looked to her with hurt and sighed “what?” he said as she looked to him with tears in her eyes and sighed “im sorry” she said as  he grabbed her arm and pulled her to him “i don’t care” he said as he placed a hand on her cheek and smiled as she pulled away “i..I can’t. I need some space” Callie said as she walked off.

Callie walked into the library and frowned as she spotted Charlee and noticed that she seemed to not be herself “you okay?” Callie asked as Charlee signed “didn’t you hear about Darren, he sent a sext picture of Rhiannon around” Charlee said as Callie looked to her and sighed. “He’s a piece of scum, that’s all' callie said as Charlee nodded.

***

Callie sighed to herself as she got back to hers. She opened the door as Simon came in with amber “how has been?” amber asked as Simon looked to amber and smiled “great, aren’t you. You have been good as gold” Simon said to ambler who giggled. Callie looked to them and smiled slightly. She loved that he was great with amber, but it pained her knowing that they wouldn’t ever be a family. Simon placed amber in her play pen and looked to callie and frowned “are you okay?” he asked as she looked to him and shock her head “my mum, she hasn’t been herself, I think she’s drinking and I don’t know what to do” she said as he walked over to her and pulled her into a hug “its okay he said.