22

Callie sighed to herself as Charlee walked into the room and looked to her "are you okay? Have you spoken to baby daddy?" Charlee teased as Callie looked to her and sighed "don't even talk about him" Callie said as she picked up Amber from the cot and sighed as Amber buried her head in Callies chest. "Is she okay?" Charlee asked as Callie nodded "she's just being a fussy madam" Callie said as Charlee sat next to her and smiled "so, what has Simon done?" She asked as Callie looked to her "he told me, he loved me" Callie said as Charlee looked to him and raised an eyebrow at her

"my god, how terrible. How dare he do such a thing" Charlee said sarcastically as Callie looked to her and glared "it's not that he said it, it's that he said it and it doesn't feel right" Callie said as Charlee looked to her and smiled. She sat on the bed next to Callie and smiled "it will be okay, you both will after tom, you deserve to be happy" Charlee said as Callie looked to her and smiled "I miss him, it was easy with him and I really loved him" Callie said as Charlee looked to her and smiled "I know but he would want you to be happy and you know it" Charlee said as Callie looked to her and smiled.

***

Callie got to school and frowned as she looked to Simon in the hallway. She watched as he argued with sue and sighed to herself. Callie walked off wanting to be away from him, she didn't want to be here him, she didn't know what to say or think and knew that she couldn't avoid him forever. Charlee looked to her and chucked slightly "you jade s child together, how are you avoiding him?" Charlee asked as Callie looked to her and sighed "not easily" she said as Charlee rolled her eyes "I gathered, I mean he is now the head and if he wanted to talk to you he could make it very easy" Charlee said as Callie looked to her and sighed "I know"

Later, Callie walked down the hall and saw Simon. She walked over to him and chuckled as she rolled her eyes at him "what?" He asked as she looked to him "you, your a snake and you took my mothers job when she was at her weakest" Callie said as he looked to her and sighed "it's not like that, I did it for Amber, for us" he said as she rolled her eye at him "no, you didn't" Callie said as she walked off.

***

Callie sat in a classroom later that day, she was trying to hide from Simon as Christine walked in and looked to her daughter and smiled "are you going to tell me what's going on with you!" She asked as Callie looked to her and sighed as she sat back in her chair "Simon told me he loved me, it doesn't feel right, I mean it's messing with my head and I don't know what to do about it as he's messed me around so much and I'm scared as we know that the last person I really gave my heart to died, tom died and I don't want to experience heartbreak like that again" Callie said as Christine looked to her and smiled "no matter what you decide to do, you are connected to Simon. He is ambers father and your stuck with him for life" Christine said as Callie nodded.

Later that day, Callie walked into Simons office and smiled to him as she stood in front of the desk "I need to know, did you mean what you said?" She asked as he looked to her "of course I did, I love you Callie" he said as she looked to him and smiled "I love you too"