42

Callie knew how things had been since her pregnancy scare. She knew she and Simon had been getting along. And they had been making things work.

Callie had thought that after the whole not telling him about the pregnancy scare, things would change. But they hadn't. They had been getting better.

Callie was thankful as she knew she couldn't handle the pressure of it. Simon had been a rock to her. And she couldn't handle if she lost him.

She knew that she had to somehow keep it from going wrong.

All she knew was that she had to making it work. Not just for herself. But for Amber and Simon too. She couldn't lose him.

Morning came and she found herself in bed with Simon. They had just had sex and she was breathless. She looked to him and smiled. "That was amazing."

"Not as amazing as you."

The two of them kissed as Callie straddled him. She looked down at him. "I love you."

"I love you too. I always will."

The kiss got heated and passionate. Simon flipped them as he pushed into her. Callie looked up to him. She smirked. "Have you not had enough?"

"Never get enough of you."

***
Callie went into school. She saw Charlee and smiled. She looked to her. "Hey. Are you okay? You look like you've been crying."

"Max and I broke up. We're not working out at all. We're always arguing. And it's not good for Esmè. She needs better than that," Charlee said.

Callie pulled her into an hug. She looked to her. "I'm sorry babes. Where are you staying?" She asked.

"I've put a deposit on a flat. I'm in a hotel room for now," Charlee told her. She sighed. "Esmè is staying with Max until I've sorted the flat out."

"Right? But how is that fair? You're in a hotel room away from your baby?"

"I can still see her. It was my choice to not have her at the hotel. I don't want her confused. With Max, she has all her things. Anyways, how are you doing?"'she asked.

Callie nodded. "I was half expecting Simon to hate me for not telling him about the pregnancy scare. I just feel like he's too good for me at times," she said.

"Nah. You and Simon... you're going to be make it work. I know you are. You're good together."

"I know. But there's always that fear in me that he won't want me anymore. And that's something I don't want to have to deal with," she mumbled.

***
Callie was in the common room. She looked up as Simon walked in. He smiled. "Hello beautiful. How are you?" He asked.

"I'm okay. Just thinking about how lucky I am. I have you and we have a future to look forward to. We have each other."

Simon smiled as he kissed her cheek. He looked to her and smiled. "I promise you. I'm going to do whatever I can to keep you happy. I won't ever let you down," he said as he kissed her again.

Neither aware of how it was all about change between them. And it wouldn't be all good.