(Chapter 19) Press Runs

Michaela left earlier this morning for work so I was pretty much left alone to get ready. I just recently hired management for the first time so she came by earlier as well as the company stylist to make sure I got ready.

So I have the final few options for you to choose from our initial fitting with me for you to look through, try on once more, and make a decision she said.

Sounds perfect I said.

Just like my love life two options were really speaking to me, one was a strappy mesh black mini dress, which was I always went for normally. The second was a kind of a k-pop with a cute fitted crop top with mesh sleeves and a black mini skirt.

I think I will do the second option seems slightly more modest than the dress, I said.

Great, I'll steam it and put it in the bathroom for you to put on, she said.

Nathaniel you should probably start getting ready now, we don't want to be late, my manager Jae said.

*3 hours later*

Wait Jae where is Ji-hoon? I said.

He's going to meet us there, she said.

I turned to look out the window beside me in the car.

We began heading to the first press location, I was in the car alone with my manager. Ji-hoon was going to be meeting us there was well as the rest of the viki team, I kind of feel stupid for thinking we would ride together. I really wanted a moment to address this awkwardness before we do press. It was our jobs to really sell this bl to make everyones work worth it.

*30 minutes later*

Okay Nathaniel were here, I'm going to talk to the team real quick to make sure everything is good to go and we will get you both set up. She said.

As I was getting out the car I finally saw him, I'd never seen his face so expressionless before.

Hi Ji-hoon, I said

Hi, he said

Can we talk? I plead

Before he could answer we were being called set up for the interview.

Girl when I tell you it was straight silence as we were getting touched up and given mics for the interview. Awkwardness so thick I'm sure the whole team could feel and sense it in the air.

안녕하세요, 저는 "The Seoul of Korea"에서 Nat을 연기하는 Nathaniel입니다, I said

[Hello, I'm Nathaniel and I play Nat in "The Seoul of Korea".]

안녕하세요, 저는 '한국의 서울'에서 환 역을 맡은 지훈입니다, Ji-hoon said after.

[Hello, I'm Ji-Hoon and I play Hwan in "The Seoul of Korea".]

I'm also you're host Jun, the interviewer said

So for starters can you tell viewers who haven't seen the first episode yet what this bl is about?

So it's basically about the story of a foreigner from America who comes to Korea as part of a girls trip and ends up meeting the love of his life. I stated.

They both go through many trials and tribulations with their growing feelings for each other and the growing pains of their two worlds colliding into one. Ji-hoon said.

Sounds like viewers will be taken on a rollercoaster with this series. This bl series has already brought viki's it's highest engagement and day one streams to date with this barrier breaking bl. Nathaniel, how does it feel to be part of such a historic moment? Jun stated.

I paused for a minute to find my words, I got so nervous and began to feel the pressures of all this. I guess with all this boy drama I was dealing with I wasn't able to properly process the gravity of this situation. My hands suddenly start to shake a little on my thigh, I suddenly feel Ji-hoon's hand on top of mine squeezing it and glancing at me to reassure me. This was the first time in a long time he has even given me any type of response. I just couldn't tell if it was fan service for the camera or if it was for real.

It feels crazy, my life has changed drastically over the last couple months to a year. Just a few years ago I came to Korea with my friend on a girls trip so I can relate to the character I play quite well. I think what I was mostly worried about was the audiences reception of such a bl, because viki's main audience is in asian countries. So it was important that I not only remain true to myself but I also tried my best to also be as favorable to the main audience of the platform. Which meant making sure I studied my Korean (which I'm still learning/have a long way to go) but also learn as much as I can about the culture and customs of Korea. I stated.

Sounds like you really wanted to make sure you had a good understanding, Jun said.

Of course lol, I can't co-star in a Korean bl and not know 안녕하세요, I said and we all laughed.

[Hello]

*A few hours later*

The rest of the interview went pretty well which I'm happy it did because that was the one with the biggest platform but we spent the rest of the day doing press. I was drained and ready to knock out by the end of it, unfortunately we still got a few days of press left lol. Ji-hoon and I parted ways after the last interview, he seems to be more receptive to me but I'm still confused if it was just him doing fan service or he was being sincere to me. I didn't get a chance to talk to him today but hopefully tomorrow. I said to Michaela on the phone.

Girl sounds like you had a long ass day lmao, she replied

I'm telling you, how about you? I said

Nothing really just work and then went back home to my man, my man, my man, She said.

Okayyy girl we get it, at least one of us happy. I said

Well you know what they say about best friends, one always got a man and the other can never get into a stable relationship. She said.

You know what, bitch goodnight I'm tired hoe. I said.

Lmaooo don't be mad we're all rooting for you, goodnight and sweet dreams pookie. She said.

Goodnight hoe lol, I replied