Twenty Two

"I am very proud of you, I'm glad you put your differences aside and worked to help your sister", her grandmother said as they were having dinner.

" My girl just has a big heart", grandaunt Linda praised .

" Yes I'm glad to see the two of you working together,so your grandma and I have decided to end your suspension and give you your position back", Victor excitedly said.
The smile that was on Michelle's face froze, Tamara noticed her change in attitude and sighed. Nora, who was quiet the whole time, noticed her daughter's change and was elated She was wracking her brains, trying to find a way not to let them fix their relationship.

"So this is why you did it?!"Michelle yelled, slapping her palm on the table, startling everyone. "I should have known,you only did it so you'd get your position back!",

" It's not true Michelle", Tamara tried to calm her down.

" Michelle, sit down!", Victor said but his daughter stormed out of there and ran to her room.

"I'll go and talk to her ",Nora said, following behind Michelle.

Their dinner was ruined and everyone else went to their rooms.
"What do you think Linda? about the change in Tamara?", Margaret said as Richard handed her her medicine.

"She is just like you before you became so uptight", great aunt Linda said as she lit a cigarette. Richard walked to her and grabbed it from her despite her protest.

"Smoking is bad for you madam",he said and she shot him a glare. It was one of the reasons she didn't like coming here. There were just so many rules ,but she couldn't sit still when she knew the woman that is a sister to her was seriously ill.

"What really is going on with you? How did you become so ill all of a sudden?",

" Poison", Margaret said " I have little time left ,so I have to pick a successor ",she says coughing a little.

" Who would poison you?",

"It was an undetectable poison that was spared to my clothes,it could be anyone that poisoned me".

" Oh my dear sister, whatever I'll do without you,there must be another way for you to survive this", Greataunt Linda said ,she didn't realize it but she was crying at this point.

"Oh Linda", Margaret said "you'll have to stay strong for our granddaughters and Victor", thinking of her son Margaret saddened at the thought of leaving him. She remembers the time he went against her and married that African student. They had a big fight, never in her life did she ever think her son would go against her decisions even though she was upset she was finally glad he didn't agree with what everyone else thought.

"I plan on making Tamara my successor", she finally says.

Nora's eyes who was listening to everything outside the door widened. She still can't believe this woman could be this partial.

"What about Michelle?", Greataunt Linda asked her cousin.

Yes, what about her daughter, Nora also wondered.

"That child Michelle doesn't know what she really wants, I'll transfer 2 % of my shares to her ", she said. Then Michelle would have 7% shares in the company which is worth millions but that's not what Nora wanted.

She sneered and walked away to make a call to her father.
"What! How dare they! You see why you should have gotten rid of that brat the moment your useless husband showed up with her?!",

" If she died of course I'd be the one they would suspect, father!". Victor wouldn't let the death of his beloved Tamara go .
"I never thought Margaret would pick the child of the wan that threatened her relationship with her son",

" Tamara is still her blood after all", Nora says.

" Fine I'll take care of it", he says before hanging up.

It was time to get rid of any obstacles in Michelle's way.