Chapter 2: Wu's last secret

Kai wakes up at the samurai X secret lair. He wanted to think that what happened was just a dream- scratch that! - nightmare. But when he started to come to his senses he realized it was indeed real. He was pulled from his thoughts by P.I.X.A.L calling his name.

P.I.X.A.L: Kai! You are finally awake.

Kai shakes his head around and slowly stands up. He looked at others and for some reason finds terror in most of their faces.
Kai: "Guys why are you looking at me like that?"

He asked but didn't get an answer out of any of them. There was a really awkward silence for a while but sensei wu cut it by saying..

Master wu:" Kai. There is something I must tell you. Can you come here. "

Kai does as told and goes next to his sensei in front of the monitor.
Master wu: "please leave me and Kai alone for a while."
Everyone was moving like they are on tin ice but still they slowly get out of the main bridge of the lair.

Kai: "master wu, please tell me what happened at the meditation room. What happened to ME! Why is everyone looking at me like I did something super wrong?"

Master wu: "Kai.. I-I don't know how to explain this really but.. *sigh* I believe it's best for me to tell at one as a whole."
Master wu take a deep breath and start telling.

"My father was the creator of ninjago.. But he was not the only creator of all dimensions. Long before he existed the dimensions were ruled by multiple elemental Gods. But then a great chaos came and the gods started to get consumed by karma, madness and insanity. Among them only 18 of them remain with a stable mind;
the Gods of creation ,stars, flame, sentence, void, reason, thunder so on and so forward. To stop the rest from driving all of the dimensions of downfall they give up on their own God hood and give they powers and last fraction left of them.. They core to a creation no one could forge one alike. That is how my father was made. It's been a long time since anyone saw him including me. But I remember a promise he made me make like yesterday."

He looked Kai in the eyes and said.

"He told me one of the sixteen will be awakened in a master of element. Strong enough to withstand their power at its purest form instead of a single piece of it like him. He made me swear on my life to protect and mentor that elemental master at all costs. I never believed there could be something as powerful as him but apparently god of reason
has already started its awakening"

Kai's eyes started tearing up like a waterfall. He refused to believe his master's words. Even though he always acted like a hothead and egoist he always saw himself like the weak line of the team. Now his sensei just comes and tells him he is powerful as a god!? He fell on his knees and started to cry even more. He didn't know why but he could not help. He felt himself crushed under responsibility in an instant.

Master wu put a hand in his shoulder making him flinch and look up at his face.

Master wu:" I know that sounds scary but believe me if what my father said is correct indeed it's nothing to be scared of.Its more like a second voice in your head that's trying to help you in your life in a good way."

Kai: " then why are the others looking at me like I am a monster!? "

Master wu:" well surely a second element at your command is something that will take time to master. You accidentally freeze a bit of the sides of the stretcher we bring you here on and I didn't have time to explain properly. Do not be afraid, I will explain it to them one by one just like how I just did to you. I promise. ''

Kai stood up and hugged his master. Making sure not to actually touch him with his hands thinking it would freeze him. Sensei wu hugged back and said.

"Go back next to your friends they must be back at the bounty"

Kai: "thank you for your kindness sensei. And for backing me up"

Master wu: "like I said I'm just keeping my promise. "

Kai smiled and went back to the bounty with master wu.