Chapter 13: calm before the storm

✰Zane's pov✣

My system turned on and I felt the metal of my faceplate heat up. I opened my eyes to be greeted with the sun shining on my face from the window that is behind my bed. I stand up and go to my closet to get dressed up. I usually never have need to check the clock but for some reason my eye catch the time. Just like kai sad it was 6:48, not 6:45 like I set it to be. My system hour must have slipped. I will ask pix to fix it up.

When I get dressed I go to the toilet and after I finish and wash my hands I hear a knocking sound and a door opening. It was kai!

Zane: "KAI! good morning! How are you?"

Kai:"Zane! Good morning to you as well! I am great thank you. How are you?

Zane:"Eh! As fine as I can be! "

He smiles at me and I smile back and leave the bathroom.

After That I went to the front yard. The others already eat up and get ready for today's mission. I didn't needed to eat since I am a nindroit but I don't understand why kai wake up so late. He always dose his hair before coming to the table so did he not eat anything? As I was thinking that My eyes land on the others. They were talking about something and I say their gaze swift to me time to time. Were they gossiping about me!? The nerve on these guys!

As I was thinking that master call out to use and we all get in a straight line.

Master wu: alright my pupils. Your brother, kai has insisted on sitting this mission out so you will have to finish it without him. Please stay safe.

I didn't know why but I felt like something was off. I don't get it  why would he want to stay this one out. But again he is currently in a team that has no trust in him what so ever, how can I judge him?

With that we get on our dragons and started flying towards our mission.

꫞ lê time skip ▣

Our mission was easy so it didn't take that much time. The others joke around and take a photo with the huge catfish we catch but I refused to make any sort of an intersection with them and I believe they understand that as well.

When we got to the stewed wisdom we saw.. Upgrades let's say. There were two huge guns right behind the door. We flew past them and landed in the front yard.

Lloyd: "Just what are these guns. Isn't this spouse to be a tea shop? "

Master wu: "correct my nephew but do not worry. They can move underground and hide there when we open the shop. Kai and P. I. X. A. L thought it would be fun to add some defenses to the tea shop since it's our new home as well. He also went to the town centre 10 minutes ago to give the brochures you should have given at the town folks after you returned. Thanks to him you have the rest of the day off. "

We were all in shock. He did all that in an hour and a half!? That's... Amazing! But dose he not have research to do? He shouldn't have done it, not for them really. He truly is too good for this world, hopeful and cheerful as ever!

Cole:" Well I think the best way to thank our friend for emptying our day would be to use it to the fullest yeh!? Who wants to play lava zombies?"

Zane :" No, It would not. He sacrifices time from important research and study that he has to make for our and his safety and you will play games all day as a "thanks“? I don't know about you but I am going to return to his research for him so that he lost as little time as possible. "

I turned back and made my way into the library and looked on the table to see something had changed. The blue scroll was now sitting next to Master's diary and the book the first sipinjutsu master write was half way done with a notebook next to it. I figured he must have read them after or before building the scans so I decided to just take a random scroll and read it. If there is nothing interesting then it will be a waste of time for him so this counts as help as well.