Chapter 11:a beginning of forgiveness

𒅌 I know that writing a chapter right after the last one seems.. Odd. But I am too busy tomorrow so count as a stock chapter just in case. Enjoy as much as you can? Luv u all! ⠒̫

Zane's pov:

Me and Kai were at the kitchen making dinner. We agreed on lamb stew, pumpkin soup, and cabbage salad. Since we both knew it should cook slow and long we made the stew and put it to cook already. I was blending the cut and peeled pumpkin with a hand blender till it gets smooth textures while Kai was working on the salad. He said he wanted me to get the soup since I am "overall just better at kitchen stuff", I actually prefer his cooking. Special at spicy foods like this, he is just amazing with spices!

*knock knock*

My thoughts were cut by a knock and the sound of the door opening. When I turned to see who it was I saw...lloyd, the last person I wanted to even breathe the same air with, was on the door looking at us.

Lloyd:"Hey!... I have been looking all around for you two... Whatchu doing? "

I was about to chock this boy of a man with my hands! He comes here, has no shame in his face, doesn't dare to apologize, and still has the boldness to ask us what we are doing?

Zane:"after you treat one of us like a beast and the other like a misbehave just for asking something you think you have what it takes to ask us shit? "

Kai:" zane!"

Zane:"huh? Ee-yes?"

Kai:"I think it was an accident but you spoke out loud."

I punched my own forehead after I heard kai. But I was just doing that to pretend it to be an accident, it was very much intentional and I had zero to none care if lloyd would be offended or not. But I looked up and saw him now really looking ashamed. GOOD!

Zane:"Sorry for my language Lloyd. I didn't me-... What were you here for? "

I made sure to cut my sentence at the perfect place to make him know I did mean what I said, but also pretend I didn't want him to know. Which made him swallowe seenably.

Lloyd:"oh I was just... Well I wanted to ask... "

He keeps shuddering AGAIN! "Just speak fucker!! "I thought to myself. I tried to hide my anger but failed badly when I see now he also had fear in his eyes.

Lloyd:" I... I am sorry. Both for making you two think I fear Kai and for not answering you properly Zane. You bought were just acting so not like you I didn't know how I should act normal speak to you. I never seen Kai that silent, calm and observant ;and Zane so frustrated and angry I didn't know what to do. You both already know you can't speak everyone the same way so I just couldn't find my way to interract with you two. Cut to the chase:I am genuinely sorry and please don't hate me."

I opened my mouth to say something but Kai accidently cut me

Kai:" Lloyd, thank you so much for your apology and I forgive you, I did so from the start really, but! "

He turned to me and after that back to him

Kai:" Zane should forgive you as well for me to forgive you. He called me his best friend and I will not be friends with someone my bestie hates.

Lloyd turn to with hope in his eyes which made me grinn. This will be fun!

Zane:" Lloyd garmadon. I will cut tu the chase for you to have a answer ASAP since you teach me how annoying waiting for a simple ass answer can be. "

I put my hand on his chest and smile. He smile back at me thinking it was me preparing for a yes. Oh how pathetic! I push him out of the kitchen and hold the doors handled.

Zane:" YOU THINK YOU CAN MAKE ME BELIEVE YOU TRULY DON'T FEAR KAI WHILE YOU CAN'T EVEN TALK TO HIM WITHOUT SHUDDERING OR TREMBLING!? GIVE ME A PHYSICAL EVIDENCE AND THEN WE WILL TALK!!TILL THAT!? BURN IN A DITCH FOR ALL I CARE!! "

I slammed the door shut. I knew how strange that must have looked coming form me so I turned to Kai to see what he has to say. But all I got was a warm smile from him. He walked up to me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

Kai :"Zane, please genuinely answer me this. Why? "

I thought of a reason before I remember I promise him to speak my mind next to him. So I smile and told the truth.

Zane:" I simply put hate him. I always did really! I just enjoy seeing him suffer, the way he keeps acting next to you doesn't help him. He was always mean to all of us as a kid and now that he is the green ninja he keeps acting like he is better than us! I want him to prove to me that he doesn't fear you since you are one of the persons that deserve to be respected by him since you have always been like the father he never had. that is all I want: real life physical evidence to make me believe he likes you. I..."

Kai :" hm?...you..what?"

I kept thinking my thoughts over and over but I could complete my sentence. I had the needed words in place but one of them hold to much meaning, I just Had to replace it! But... Ultimately I couldn't. Like was too light, respect was too formal, the one I find was perfect but could get out of hand really easily

Kai:" ZANE! are you okay? Did something happen? "

Zane:" I... I have the perfect words to finish my sentence but even though thouse are the best ones I could find, one of them SHOULD be replaced! I can't say it like this, you will get it wrong!

Kai:" Zane. Whatever it is you can tell me. I promise to keep it in context. "

I take a few seconds before I get closer to Kai and huge him tightly

Zane:" Kai. I love you too much to watch as people keep toying with you mentally and physically."

After I say that Kai tighten his embrace and hear a quiet sobbing.

Zane:" heh. I told you one of those words should have Been changed rig-"

Kai:" I love you too Zane! That word is not to much or to less and believe me in that! that is the perfect word!!"

He giggle a little at the end of his sentence which made me laugh too. I pulled back and said

Zane:" well, lets get back to the dinner shell we?

Kai nod and we both get back to our work but for some reason I felt off. After our conversation for a split second I thought

"would it be that far from what I mean if he did take my " I love you" out of context? "

(I fucking hate cliff hangers)

No! Now that I think it absolutely would not get that far off... Maybe even get closer ? ...

I really don't know! My wires ace thinking about him!!