Pets lost(Billy Showalter

"Good morning Y/n" the new paper boy spoke as he handed Y/n the newspaper. "Hey your new?" Y/n asked "yeah I am.. Billy took the day off" he replied "that's weird he normally doesn't"Y/n spoke earning a nod "well see you later" the paper boy said before riding off with his bike.

___________________________

"Billy. Are you here" Y/n asked as she repeatedly knocked on his door. "Billy" Y/n called out "please answer my hand hurts" Y/n said as her eyes watered, her hands felt like shit from knocking.

"Y-Y/n" Billy asked as he answered the door with tears, nose stuffy and hair messy. "Billy" Y/n asked as she immediately hugged him "what's wrong- are you hurt, sick, or-or did something happen" Y/n asked in a panic as she pulled away from the hug to examine his face "Milo" Billy cried out "is he hurt" Y/n asked as her eyes started to water. Sure it was just a pet but it was more to Billy and her, so obviously they started crying.

"I'm not sure- someone said they'd seen him but they said he looked like he was bleeding and- and" Billy cried as they walked inside his house to talk. "I don't know where he is" Billy cried "when was the last time you saw him" Y/n asked "last Tuesday" Billy replied with a voice crack "it's been three days" Y/n spoke "I haven't even able to sleep without him.. I'm afraid-" Billy said but Y/n hushed him "we'll find him soon" Y/n said as she hugged him into her chest "promise" Billy asked "pinky swear" Y/n said as she rubbed his back trying to comfort her crying boyfriend. "We can walk around the neighborhoods and call his name until our throats hurt" Y/n said.

___________________________

Three days have past, he hadn't gotten any sleep. Small and light black circles under his eyes. "Wanna go lay down... you could try to get sleep while your dad looks for him" Y/n tries to persuade him "my dad doesn't care.. he won't try his hardest to look for Milo" Billy sobbed as he hugged her tightly. "I just want him back" Billy sobbed before speaking "and I'm not going to sleep until I see him again" Billy said as he looked up at her. "Fine then- we can wait outside... Milo will come back I know it" Y/n said as she grabbed his hand. Walking outside, sitting down on the ground waiting and hoping for Milo to get back home.

After a couple of hours the street lights came on along with the sky turning dark, it was lnow 7:05. His parents weren't home, they were at a dinner. Billy hated them right now for not looking for his best friend, Milo.

___________________________

"Don't you think we should go inside now" Y/n asked "no" Billy yelled back "but your almost falling asleep" Y/n said "I don't care Y/n... I'm not leaving until I get Milo" Billy replied "fine well stay" Y/n said sighing, there was no use trying to get Billy inside, no matter what he wouldn't allow it. If Milo was outside Billy would stay outside until he saw him again.

After a hour they heard something "you hear that" Y/n asked as she stood up, her legs sorta wobbly along with them being tingly. "Yeah" Billy said as he immediately stood up. They both ran to the street where the noise was "Milo" Billy called out with tears, he was finally back. The dog barked at him. His tongue hanging out, he was clearly tired. The couple could tell by the way the dog panted.

"He's clean" Y/n said as she petted Milo "he is" Billy said as he looked at Milo. "Doesn't matter- I'm just glad he's back" Billy said before taking Milo back inside.