Chapter Thirty One

[THE ECLIPSE COVEN]

[THE ECLIPSE COVEN]

AUTUMN'S POV

The smell of cinnamon toast and music blasting awaken me from my slumber. I tossed a pillow over my head to block it all out, but it was no use. It was already embedded in my brain, so I sat up and checked the time.

It was eight in the morning. . .

I threw the blankets off my body and jumped out of bed.

If anyone were to ask me. . .it's way too early to be THIS noisy.

But nonetheless, here we are.

As I got closer to the kitchen, I heard cabinets shutting and Kai singing along to the song on the radio. Stopping in front of the island, I tilt my head to the side, watching Kai do his thing.

He was facing the stove with a spatula, turning the toast in the pan, and singing along to "Heart-Shaped Box " by Nirvana.

"Hey! Wait! I got a new complaint! Forever in debt to your priceless advice!" Kai sang and turned to face me with the biggest grin on his lips.

I smile and watch him place some cinnamon toast on a plate and slide it over to me with a wink before doing the same to another.

I caught the plate and sat on the bar stool in front of me, "Someone woke up in a good mood today." I teased, and Kai wasn't fazed by it. Instead, he nodded in agreement and sat right beside me.

"Damn right, I did." Kai chirped, shoving a piece of toast in his mouth and muffles. "I have you in my life and peace and quiet. No kids running around yelling and no father staring at me like I'm a waste of space."

I bit into my toast and chewed slowly, listening to Kai talk about his family. It was never easy to hear, even after all this time.

I place my free hand over Kai's hand. "I'm glad you're here." And he turns to me, "Me too." The siphon said, placing his hand over mine and gently slapping it as if showing some comfort.

A Kai Parker move.

We smiled at each other and ate this yummy breakfast.

After a while, I listened to the witch babble about random things while the note I received last night was pierced in my head. But I knew sooner or later my bio father would contact me to head back to the coven I knew little about.

Wiping the syrup off my lips, I stopped Kai mid-sentence. "Hey, I need to tell you something."

Kai sat back with a kiddish pout, "It better be important because I was in the middle of a very important discussion." He joked, and I rolled my eyes.

"I think the origin of Star Wars can wait." I ridiculed him, and he sighed obnoxiously.

"Alrightttt."