·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ 🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 43 - 🄰🄽🅂🅆🄴🅁🅂 ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

Your eyebrows shot up with surprise. "Peter told me that I was raised in different orphanages."

"You were," Loki nodded.

You frowned. "Could you explain?"

-~:~-

Loki sighed, seemingly not wanting to answer.

"Well, I- I could try to bring my memories back," you offered. It seemed like having you knew whatever he was trying to say was important to the man in front of you.

"No!" Loki denied quickly. "You won't get it all from there."

You frowned. "What do you mean?"

He sighed once again. "When we were kids, we lived on Asgard," he finally began, "you especially liked running back and forth on the rainbow bridge. It fascinated you."

You nodded despite the many questions running through your mind.

"One day you fell off, and everyone thought you dead. Well, until Thor and I came to Midgard. You instantly seemed familiar but I didn't know for certain until I saw that you had this." He dangled a pendant [Picture in chapter 10], the thing he had been fidgeting with, in the air. "It was especially crafted for you as a present for what would be your fourth birthday in human years." Loki chuckled fondly. "You would never take it off."

Then he turned grim. "I was planning to tell you after the mission but then you were... captured," his eyes stopped darting around for a moment to glance at your expression, "and I couldn't.

So Thor and I went back to Asgard for a bit, to talk to Heimdall."

You looked at him with confusion.

"He sees everything but hadn't seen you," Loki explained shortly, before continuing, "And it turns out that you fell into a wormhole of a sort which held your body in its young state for years and also gave you a cover that hid you from Heimdall. He started seeing you again only some time before we went to Asgard, that being the time when you started to try and control your powers."

You nodded, humming. "And why couldn't I get that from my memories?"

"They were always blocked before," Loki shrugged, "maybe you can access them now, I don't know."

You leaned back, taking it all in. Your appetite was suddenly gone and you didn't care for the tray of food.

"Is that why I have powers?"

Loki seemed surprised by the question. "Yes, partly. Some of them are HYDRA's doing."

You hummed again, observing his face. "There's something you're not telling me, Loki," you pointed out.

He looked at the floor. "You're also a frost giant."

That piqued your interest. "What?"

"We're adopted, you and I," he elaborated, "I was taken by Odin after a battle and Heimdall told us that you had just shown up at the palace's doorstep a few months later with a letter that said something along the lines of "you took my son so take her, too"."

"Wow," you breathed, "I have ice powers?"

Loki laughed lightly. "It's interesting that that's the part you take from that."

You smiled at him. "I suppose."

After that, you reached for your food again and you and your newly refound brother sat in comfortable silence.

"Loki?" you asked hesitantly after finishing your food.

"Yes?"

"Can you help me... bring my memories back?" you asked slowly, still a bit unsure.

"I'll do whatever I can," your brother promised. "But it's mostly you."

You smiled at him softly. "Just you being here will be enough."