·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ 🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 49 - 🄰🄽 🄾🄵🄵🄴🅁 ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

The topic had been dropped for a bit but you picked it up before leaving the room. "Uhh, when is it? Where?"

Tony looked at his watch. "In an hour, in the interrogation room."

You swallowed the lump in your throat. "Alright."

-~:~-

Nick Fury nodded, an assistant of his writing down the last of your answers.

"Can I take this off now?" you gestured to the machinery connected to you for the lie detector to work.

"You can."

You carefully disconnected everything, making sure not to break yourself or the expensive technology.

You stood up to leave but the Avengers' boss stopped you. "Y/n."

"Yes, sir?" you asked, a bit hesitant. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, quite the opposite, actually," he shook his head, standing up to be level with you. "You've proven to be quite trustworthy." You stayed silent, letting him continue despite the nerves that were churning in your stomach. "So I'd like to offer you a spot in the team."

You stood there, stunned. "I'm 16," you pointed out, thinking he had gotten something mixed up.

"That you are," Nick Fury agreed, nodding at the fact. "But a person's age doesn't define their worth."

You stared for a moment but smiled softly when you answered. "Thank you but I fear I'm going to have to deny the offer," you informed, "There's something else I want to do before I make a decision on what to do with my life."

Nicholas Joseph Fury was left stunned. He hadn't expected that answer. But he respected it and nodded to you, telling you you could leave. "Then thank you for the cooperation."

"Thank you for giving me the opportunity," you countered and left, your back straight as you walked.