·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ 🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 28 - 🅃🄷🄴 🄵🄸🄻🄴 ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·

You smirked and pushed the wall away from you. It rammed against the wall opposite you and the door leading out of the room rattled a bit.

You laughed before giddily throwing your hands up in the air. "Woo!"

You doubted you would sleep that night.

-~:~-

"I have news!" you announced, walking to the dining room with a big smile plastered on your face.

"So do I," Tony countered.

"Oh, you can go first," you grinned.

"Nah, mine are probably bigger," he said, shaking his head.

"Rock-paper-scissors?" you asked, raising a challenging eyebrow.

"You're on."

"Rock-paper-scissors shoot!" every adult-but-child-at-heart in the room chanted. That excluded only some of the Avengers, such as Bucky, Steve and Bruce. And Loki, of course.

Tony put rock, you put rock.

Again.

Tony put scissors, you put scissors.

You giggled. "Again."

You put paper, he put rock again.

"Okay, alright," you grinned, "I win."

"Three wins," Tony bargained.

"Come on, Stark," Steve laughed at the ridiculous reaction. "What're your news, Y/n?"

"Well, I managed to," you made a dramatic pause, "get a hold of the soundwaves."

"Ooh," the people in the room chorused.

"Congratulations," Pietro nodded, beaming.

You turned to Tony. "Got anything to top that?"

"I found the file," he said.

You nodded, pursing your lips. "Touché."

Tony smirked before sitting down and tossing you an apple. "But since we have to wait for Fury for me to say anything else, you can show us."

You rolled your eyes good-mindedly and placed the apple away before focusing on your emotions and channeling them into your fists. Familiar light started to flicker to life and you immediately expanded it into a shield.

You let your hands drop but the shield stayed. "Throw something at me," you said. All the Avengers looked hesitant. "Come on," you said. "Nothing will happen."

A dagger flew across the room and stuck into the shield, making the entire thing vibrate for a second. You reached through the shield, turning it into a jelly-ish state for a second and took the dagger. "Nice throw," you told Loki, twirling the dagger in your hand before putting it on the table.

You smirked at the Avengers. "Anything else?"

"How is that a soundwave?" Bruce asked, changing the topic ever so slightly.

You tapped your feet and the shield crumbled and rolled along the floor as a strong force. You smiled with your hands behind your back when all the Avengers clamped their hands on their ears. "Like that," you answered.

"Impressive control," came a voice from the door. "That's why I want you to go retrieve the file."

You turned to Fury. "Me?"

"A way to prove yourself worthy of being on the team."

"She can't go alone," Loki spoke up, monotone. "She's a kid."

"Peter can go with her," Tony shrugged. "He's wanted to go on another mission for a long time now."

"Fine by me," Fury shrugged, "Stark, give them the information they need. They shall leave tomorrow."

"Wait," you stopped Fury from leaving. "What's on that file anyway? Why is it so important?"

"It has the full names, documents, and live locations of each and every S.H.I.E.L.D. agent ever. Even the retired ones."

You nodded, understanding. It was a serious thing you were trusted with - you knew agents had been going missing during the past weeks but you had never known why. Now you did. And it was up to you and Peter to keep anyone else from falling for the same destiny.