Chapter#2

It was a beautiful morning with an aura of optimism surrounding Rose. At 10:00 a.m. the sun was shining high in the sky, temperature a little warmer as compared to the past few days. Shewas working in the restaurant "Eve and Kevin's" named after the owners. There weren't many people at that hour in the restaurant but gradually the place filled up as the day passed by.

Rose's shift here was from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and for the rest of her day  she headed to her dancing academy. She didn't need to work at two places with her being alone and already owning her house. She could easily make do with her dancing academy but that job meant a lot to her. She couldn't leave it after her father's death, for one it was a constant from her past life and secondly it kept her busy; saving her from sulking in her own loneliness. She had friends indeed, but even going out with them wasn't the same anymore. One of her childhood best friends lived nextdoor to her and with the other she owns her dance academy.  They always insisted Rose to go out but to no avail.

That was the way, her life was then. More work, less going out; opposite of what it used to be.

Her father's death was a burden she couldnt bear after she lost her mother. It was the feeling of being orphaned once again that she couldnt take. Loosing your world once was a disaster enough but twice was an utterly unfair catastrophe. Her heart broke twice without even falling in  love. She didn't let it show on her face but those thoughts were always swirling around in her head. Nobody could tell that she was pretending unless they really knew Rose.

It had been seven months and she wanted to move on but she couldn't unless she finds her father's killer and today Rose has to finish her shift early so that she could visit Officer Richard Greene to ask about Silas Lance who can be a lead towards the Shaitan and to her moving on.

___________

"Is Officer Richard Greene available?" Rose asks a police officer who is talking on a phone. She finished her shift early as she planned and headed straight to the police station. All the way to the station she felt restless...excited that she might find a lead and also afraid of finding the lead. Even now standing in police station doesn't help her nerves.

After a few seconds, the officer nods and directs her to Richard Greene's office. She thanks the officer and move towards the suggested direction. Taking a deep breathe, she is about to enter his office where Detective Greene is written on the door but someone stops her.

"You can't go in Miss..." It's a police officer of average height and dark skinned. He asks professionally so she answers politely.

"I am Rose Sinclair and my-uh-father was murdered seven months ago and I am here to see Officer Greene for that matter." Rose says stuttering a little at her father's death part but composes herself, looking down and then holding her head a little higher to control the emotions.

"Oh-I am sorry to hear that Miss Sinclair...but Detective Greene is in a meeting right now with the D.A."

"Oh-okay then I'll wait for him I guess..." She says and he is about to direct her to the waiting room when the door to Officer or now Detective Greene's office opens and a man almost forty two years old wearing a grey dress pant and white shirt comes out with a young man wearing a black businessman suit, almost in his mid-twenties. They were talking with each other but when they notice Rose and the officer's presence they look in their direction.

"Detective, Mr. Brown" the police officer from before greets the Detective and the young man Mr. Brown, who greets him back with a nod saying "officer"

"What's the matter?" Mr. Brown, the young man replies looking between Rose and the Officer.

"This is Miss Sinclair and she has a matter to discuss with Detective Greene" the Officer replies. Mr. Brown and the Detective greets her but Detective looks at her with recognition in his eyes.