Chapter#21

Bullets.

Noise.

Destruction.

It is all around them. All directed at their vehicle. There seemed to be no way out.

Shaitan covers Rose's body with his own. It seems not like his end but his...Rose's end as well. He doesn't want to be the cause of her end too, therefore it's more difficult for him. He wants to stop all this and take away Rose from all the troubles and dangers of his life. But he feels helpless. For the second time in his life.

This thought triggers a memory of past in his mind. When he was dying on the side of the road. Due to hunger and abandonment. He had no where to go. When he lost all hope. He is feeling the same way again.

Losing all hope.

He doesn't want to but it seems like hope is slipping right away from his hand, his grip loosening on it. He wants to hold on to it so much, not for his sake but for Rose's. Shaitan doesn't want to be the end of someone who has become his reason for living, in such a short time.

He doesn't want to be the cause of her end.

Her destruction. Her death.

Another memory...a bitter one rises up to the surface.

A girl kneeling at a distance in front of him with a gun pointed at her head. Her arms tied up behind her and her screams muffled due to a ball of cloth in her mouth. Tears making their way down her cheeks.

Helplessnes. That's the only thing he can see in her eyes. They are pleading him. Her eyes-

Closing his eyes, he gets rid of the memory. Then opens them again and his gaze fall on Rose's pale face.

He doesn't want the history to repeat it self.

Shaking the memory completely out of his head he keeps his eyes on Rose who is burning up even more than before. If that is even possible. She seems so innocent and oblivious to all the destruction around her. Or maybe it is just an illusion. Maybe she is suffering too. From inside.

It pains him even more.

Ignoring the sound of the destruction going around him, he wishes he was a little less selfish so he could've left her on her own. She wouldn't have to see this day.

But he isn't.

He couldn't let go of the only person who is making him get through with his life. For the first time in his life, he regrets being saved by Sultan Gee.

But nothing can be done at the moment. No use of regrets or hope.

Their car was shaking due to the collision of bullets. He felt safe before due to making the car bullet proof. But it doesn't seem to be working as well as he thought it would. A bullet proof car can hold only so much trouble. There always comes a point when it's not safe anymore as well like every immortal thing. And with Rokossovsky being the best smuggler of weapons, owns the best. Like every other businessmen he keeps the best for himself and sells the rest to the world. Hence making it difficult for his enemies to compete with him in a gunshot. Also the fact that they were only two against many armed men in SUVs and jeeps surrounding them from every direction firing as much as they can, can't be ignored.

It is almost impossible to fight back.

Almost. Not impossible.

The noise of shots increases. It should have caused more damage to Shaitan's vehicle. But something is wrong. Or it might be right. At least for them.