Chapter#6

Why am I doing this again when I should be finding my father's murderer?

Rose thinks while cooking for the man, she doesn't even know or what his name is. Its frustrating for her and she can't stop thinking about. The fact that he is sitting in her living room glancing at her every moment when he thinks she's not looking is really not helping at all.

Her house is not very big that's why she has an open kitchen which is attached to her living room from where Shaitan has a full view of her. She feels annoyed by his presence and to get rid of him she tries a lot of things but fails. For example she thinks of serving him with cereal at first but she never liked cereals so she doesn't have any. Then she decides to serve him with bread and jam which he clearly declines and says that he wants something with chicken in it or otherwise he isn't leaving that's when she gives up on making him eat the ready made food and starts cooking her infamous chicken pasta which she cooked for Anastasia a few days ago. It's easy than any recipe she knows and can be served to all the seven men in her house easily.

She looks out of the window while she is filling a pot with water to boil the Macaroni and she notices the black limo and a black SUV parked right in front of her house. What will the neighbours think? Rose thinks for a moment but when she realizes that the only one neighbour Anastasia, whose thinking matters to her isn't at home today so it isn't a big deal then. When the pot is filled she puts it on the stove so it could boil. She gathers all the stuff she needs including chicken, different vegetables, spices and sauces. She is carrying on with her recipe in the kitchen when the Devil calls after her.

"Do you have anything to drink?"

She stops and looks toward him like he has lost his mind but when she thinks back she realizes that she is the one who has lost her mind by letting a stranger to barge in her house so she just rolls her eyes at him and goes back to cooking, replying him at the same time.

"Not of your standards..."

He gets up from the couch, sends the bodyguards towards the door where the other two are standing. Then he casually walks a little closer to the kitchen. He stops where the kitchen counter is in between them and Rose is cutting vegetables on it.

"What do you mean by not of my standards?" He asks with confusion.

She looks up at him and replies with a knife in her hand. "I meant that I don't drink so I don't have any alcoholic drinks...but there is milk, juice and soda in the fridge if you want any."

He narrows his eyes at her as if she is lying but when he notices her posture and honesty in her eyes, he realizes she is telling the truth.

"No thanks I'll pass then..." he says looking at her while walking backwards toward the couch where he was sitting before. He is beyond astonished at her, This girl really do any thing wrong at all or not?...He thinks while settling back on the couch but this time removing his jacket and throwing it at the couch handle. He removes his tie too and opens his cuffs to roll it back. He then pulls out a cigarette case from his pocket, putting one in his mouth. He is about to light it up with his lighter when Rose calls from the kitchen.

"No you are not doing that...not in here Mister!" She says while coming from the kitchen to the living room with a spatula in her hand. She stands right in front of him and continues.

"Listen you are sitting here while I am making food for seven men whom I don't even know but I didn't protest like I had to but this" She gestures at cigarette with the spatula "I can't let you smoke...not in my house! So throw it!"

He is still holding the lighter in his hand and cigarette in his mouth while listening to her. He is astonished at what she says. He has never been told to not smoke even when he knows the people around him are irritated by him smoking, they still don't say anything but Rose... she is full-on scolding him. He smiles at this while obliging by throwing the cigarette in the dustbin which was lying by the side of the couch.