Chapter#28

It's been a few days since the dance battle and a lot had happened in between those days. Leonardo took Rose out for a lovely evening once but then he got busy with his work and told her that he will meet her once he's free.

Joshua left for Sydney two days ago for the choreography of the new music album of some solo singer. Anastasia also left for her shoot as the Victoria's Secret model leaving Rose behind, alone. She missed them both but couldn't make them stay only for her, even though Anastasia insisted that she will stay until Joshua is back but Rose told her that opportunities like these didn't come everyday. So after a little convincing she also left the next day.

On the bright side it provided her more time to look into her father's murder with the undercover INTERPOL officer, Barbara's help but unfortunately due to some issues she also wasn't at home for the past few days. Only today, Rose got a call from her saying that she will meet her at her house for dinner and then they will discuss further matters.

So now Rose is busy making dinner for her new friend's arrival as they were supposed to have. But if they had to pretend then it doesn't mean she can't actually make dinner when it's even time and a guest is coming as well.

She had also been busy this week and didn't have enough time for herself with Joshua leaving, a lot of burden of the classes fell on her shoulders even though there were other three dance trainers in her academy but all of them were too busy to attend extra classes so Rose had to take them. Some days she missed her shifts at the restaurant since she would be too tired or taking classes in the morning, but Eve was too good to her so she understood.

After a few days she almost fell into the routine and was a little rested but she has to look for a new dance teacher soon to get back into her old routine, the one she enjoys.

When the dinner is almost ready, She hears the door bell ringing. Leaving the flame slow, she walks over to the door and opens it.

"Hey!" Barbara, in her jolly attire of bright colours, greets her with a huge smile on her face. Rose frowns for a second but then recalling what she said the last time they met, she smiles too.

"Hi!" She replies.

"Thank you for inviting me over..." Barabara says holding a dish with aluminium foil on its lid covering what's inside, "I brought dessert!"

"Thank you!" Rose says taking the dish from her, "Come on in..."

"My pleasure" Barabara comes in and Rose closes the door.

And as soon as the door closes, the demeanor of Barbara changes, getting serious like the jolly person who brought dessert wasn't even there a few minutes ago.

"We have wasted a lot of time these few days..." Barabara starts as she walks towards the couch and sits.

"I thought you said we should hurry up but then you were gone for so many days..." Rose says walking towards the kitchen, putting the dessert on the counter and closing the flame then pouring the soup she made, into two bowls.

"Well we thought we could save our undercover officer but we were wrong...he got captured..." Barabara says coldly, still a little sadness can be felt lacing her voice.

"I am sorry..." Rose says genuinely as she sets the soup onto a tray, placing salt, vinegar, pepper and some other things besides it.

She walks towards the couch and places the soup in front of an exhausted Barbara who gladly takes a bowl, looking a little grateful.

"Thank you..."

"Don't mention it..." Rose says sitting down next to her.

They after both adding spices to their likings enjoy the soup for a while, not saying anything.