Chapter#19

Unedited...(will edit when have enough time)
____________

Many cars are on the road hurrying to their respective destination but fortunately the traffic isn't as bad as earlier. Ben drove the car with normal speed smoothly driving, turning and stopping when needed to avoid any disaster. With the separator down between the driver's seat and passenger's, Shaitan keeps sitting in the back of the limo with Rose's head lying on his shoulder and his arm around her waist. She stirs once in a while but then falls back asleep.

He looks at her sleeping figure, almost forgetting to ask Ben what exactly happened or who was it but then again her safety was at stake due to his enmity so he has to focus. With that determination, he straightens up a little, keeping Rose comfortable nonetheless.

Shifting his focus towards Ben, he asks "What exactly happened?"

Ben glances at him in the rearview mirror and then looking back at the road he starts

"I haven't seen the culprit yet but I have my suspicion and as I said someone spiked her drink..." He pauses for a while, taking a turn he continues "...and after seeing how quickly it effected Rose...I think it might be a strong drug" not mentioning his thoughts about venom for the sake of keeping him calm,

Shaitan furrows his eyebrows at this with clenched teeth, thinking hard about who would do it and his suspicion stops at only one person.

Rokossovsky.

No one else would do that unless it's a very rich young man, looking for an easy lay because a poor person cannot afford Venom to spike someone else's drink.

Both are the possibilities.

One more than the other but still possible. And both are also enough to make him lose his temper.

He feels like punching something but the restricted movement of his hand makes him realise that Rose is still in his arms. He glances down at her who keeps her own arm around his torso mumbling something in her daze.

"Find out as soon as possible who did this..." he says to Ben, looking ahead.

Ben looks back at him in the rearview mirror, nodding his head, he keeps driving on.

*

In no time they have reached his house. One of his bodyguard opens up the outside gate of his house to let the car in and then the inside one. The car halts in front of the main door and Shaitan comes out first carefully handling Rose as Ben offers to carry Rose but Shaitan glares at him and refuses. Instead he picks Rose himself in his arms, who is still in half dazed sleep totally incapable of walking, and goes in his house. Passing through the living room, the stairs and then the corridor, he enters his bed room, covering the distance between the door and the bed he carefully places her in the bed.

Sitting by her side, he swipes her hair from her face checking for temperature or any other sign on her face. When he feels relieved, he looks at her innocent face for real this time with no intention of looking for any signs of sickness but examining her, carefully tracing her features with his fingers, feeling the softness of her skin.

A gentle knock interrupts his Rose-induced trance. He knows its Ben because the person who knocked comes in immediately unlike anyone else.

"I'll handle this...and you go find who did this as soon as possible then let me know..." he says as Ben enters. Unzipping Rose's shoes and covering her with a duvet Shaitan continues. "I have a feeling it's Rokossovsky but still confirm it."

Ben nods and silently leaves the room as well as the house to investigate a very unfortunate person who tried to mess with Shaitan.

___

Shaitan keeps sitting at Rose's side for almost two hours. He has taken his jacket off and rolled his sleeves up but still stayed in the room with her. One of his bodyguard and Roy comes in to give him some news related to business but he snaps at them so they leave him alone with Rose and a maid checking in on her once in a while by Shaitan's order.

He keeps thinking about the way he is going to punish whoever did this to Rose. Holding her hand in his, he keeps thinking and thinking. His mind whirling with millions thoughts regarding Rose, Rokossovsky as well as Sultan Gee. He hopes he doesn't get an impromptu visit from Sultan Gee while Rose is here. Because the complication of matters is the last thing he wants.

No one can be trusted...

He thinks. The person who gave him the reason to live once, is now making him finish the reason he found to live now. But he can't even think of it then let alone make it happen.

And what scares him the most is that someone else-most likely Rokossovsky-might do what Sultan Gee wants him to do.

He shakes his head to get rid of these terrible thoughts and focuses on Rose's hand he is holding. Her delicate long fingers with a medium length clear nails and beautiful ring with a small blue stone in the middle, placed on her middle finger looks quite enchanting on her hand.

His phone rings on the bed next to his leg. Glancing at the screen on which Ben's name is flashing, he picks it up and answers.

"Who was it?" Like his typical self he jumps right on to the matter without wasting any time on other things.

"I don't know for sure but I have brought the bartender in for questioning...but the only thing he knows is the person's name, who gave him the drug, which turns out to be false and....I don't think he knows anything" when Shaitan doesn't interrupt, he continues "that man may have hidden his identity for safety and befriended the bartender for his own use..."

"This isn't f*cking useful" Shaitan says. Closing his eyes and gritting his teeth, he stands up.

"I know what he looks like and I am trying to find him as soon as I can"

"I don't need f*cking try!" His voice rises a level but then looking at Rose he exhales, pinching his forehead where his third eye can be, he continues..."Do something which will actually help!" With that he hangs up and tosses the phone aimlessly but it ends up on the couch.

He saunters over to the bed again and taking his place, he holds her hand once again. But this time he notices something else on her hand. Blue round blotches unevenly appeared on her hands. It makes him halt in his place and his eyes widens in fear.

"Venom...." he whispers before he yells for Roy as he scoops Rose in his arms once again with the same intention...to save her from his own production.

________________

I know it's short but I had a very busy vacations so I am sorry for making you wait this long...(well that is if you actually waited for this :D )anyhow

VOTE and COMMENT if you liked the chapter.

XOXOXOXO

MARIA.