2. ( roomies )

𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋

chapter 2

( roomies )

"wednesday and thursday, what unique names. i'm guessing one of them may be the day you were born?"

"we were born on friday the 13th."

the addams family, minus pugsley, were currently sitting in the office to nevermore. the principal, principle weems, looked thrilled to have two new students.

however, thursday and wednesday didn't share that excitement with her. thursday had yet to say a word, he only looked at the woman in hope of making her uncomfortable and at some points, he could see her move her body so it was more towards wednesday.

"her name comes from a line from my favourite nursery rhyme, 'wednesday's child is full of woe.'." their mother spoke with a grin as weems nodded her head before turning it to thursday.

"you always had a unique perspective on the world, morticia. what about you, thursday?" the boy only looked at her, he had no emotion on his face as silence filled the room.

gomze coughed awkwardly, probably noticing the discomfort which began to make its way on weems face.

"thursday's my favourite day of the week." gomez's laugh boomed in the room as he patted his son on the shoulder.

"did your mother tell you we were roommates back in the day?" weems quickly changed the topic, possibly due to the ongoing glare that thursday was still giving.

"and you graduated with your sanity intact?" wednesday questioned, her voice going slightly higher pitch than usual but still holding its monotone tone.

"impressive." thursday piped up for the first time since they arrived, all eyes landed on him for a second but weems began talking once again.

"lovely to hear you talk, thursday. perhaps you are willing to talk more to your peers?"

"perhaps you would like a fork in your eye?"

morticia and gomez quickly laughed, simply so the room wouldn't be covered in silence. "he's not usually like this." gomez laughed, intentionally giving the boy a harsh slap on his shoulder.

"right, well you've certainly had a very educational journey." weems told the two twins who sent a small glance to each other before turning back to face her.

"eight schools in five years."

"they haven't built one strong enough to hold us." wednesday informed the older lady, her brow simply raising as if wednesday was challenging her.

"i bet this place isn't going to be very different. what do you say, wednesday?" thursday turned to his sister who turned to look at him.

"i say we'll be out of this place faster than our parents would hope."

"what our children are trying to say is that they greatly appreciate the opportunity." gomez butted in, not wanting weems to suddenly rethink and kick them out.