6. ( escape )

𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋

chapter 6

( escape )

the next day had finally arrived.

wednesday and thursday were currently in a car along with principle weems. according to wednesday, last night she was met with a surprise. that surprise being thing.

thing was a hand. he had also been sent by their mother and father to spy on them, which had worked for the first day. that was until wednesday caught him in her bed watching her.

the twins were on their way to jericho which was where their therapy lessons were going to take place. however, that wasn't what the twins had in mind.

they had a plan to escape.

the entire car ride was silent. ever since they had left nevermore no one had said a single word. wednesday was in the passenger seat with her brother in the back who was too busy looking at the window to notice the look wednesday had given him.

the car had come to a stop outside a tall building. the small town was busy which hopefully could help them as they could easily get lost in the crowd.

"dr. kinbott's office is on the second floor. other nevermore students swear by her." weems smiled at the two, but in response, she only got blank stares.

"you'll be here until we're done?" wednesday questioned the woman, her smile getting bigger than before as she spoke. "perhaps afterwards we can visit the weathervane for hot chocolate."

"hot chocolate makes me feel sick." thursday told the woman, her head turning back to look at him as she smiled awkwardly.

"principal weems, this feeble attempt at bonding is beneath you." wednesday told the woman, the twins not sparing another look at the woman before climbing out, but the woman was quick to pipe up before they closed the door.

"given your history, i'm sure you're intent on running away. i'm here to prevent that from happening." weems smiled at them, the twins glancing at each other before thursday spoke.

"we don't plan anything, we're actually starting to enjoy nevermore. perhaps are parents were right." thursday coldly said, the lie slipping through his mouth with ease before they slammed the door shut and walked into the building.

"i read the notes from your school counsellor." dr kinbott told the two, the twins now walking into the small room which was where their therapy lesson was going to be held.

"mrs bronstein. she had a nervous breakdown after our last session and had to take a six-month sabbatical." wednesday informed the woman, thursday nodding his head in agreement before speaking up. "it's usually worse, i'm surprised."

the woman only gave thursday an awkward smile, trying her hardest to not show any signs of weakness.

"go ahead and have a seat." she pointed at the chair behind the twins, wednesday sat down whereas thursday continued standing. "no thanks."