Chapter 99: Battle at the Beast Grave Canyon (East) II

[Beast Grave Canyon]

Gundahar is one of the renowned tribal chief and the sole leader of the eastern front of the snow peak mountain range, which is well known for his strength, bravery, courage, and his excellent leadership. He made a name for himself during his childhood years. Back then he was called the toughest kid in his village camp and led the group of kids all over the place in order to play.

When there are trouble happening among their group, he was always the first one to step up in order to punish the person who did wrong and held justice among the kids. He was completely adored by his own people not because he is the son of the of their tribal chief, but rather his behavior and deeds among the kids.

During his coming of age ceremony, his father, the tribal chief of that time gave him an assignment in which he would need to bring back a hunt worthy enough for him to be proclaimed as his successor. Meaning aside from from the mountain boar, goat, and viper, that are commonly hunted down in every kids coming of age ceremony then tamed, he would need something greater or equivalent to the tamed frost wolf that his father was partnered with during his coming of age when he was young.

Based on its documentaries and records, the only beast that is greater or equal to his father's tamed beast is the Glacial bear hidden in one of the many caves along the east coats of the northern continent. With that in mind he then turned the danger of facing the glacial bear into an important goal to tame in his mind and prepare for his journey.

Naturally his journey wasn't smooth, there were ups and downs wherever he went, nevertheless he was still able to face the glacial bear at the east coats of the northern continent and manage to bring it down in order to tame it. The moment he succeeded in accomplishing his goal of the glacial bear, he then proudly returned back to his village camp and gladly announce his will of being his father's successor on his position.

After that his prestige went far and wide as he became well known as the strongest warrior alive on the eastern tribe front. Alongside his glacial bear, he managed to take down dozen of beast nest, stopped a catastrophe and even fended off the invaders from deep below the depths of water during the monster wave. He was really well known and popular to its people.

At the fresh age of 28, his father then passed down the position to him and crowned him as the leader of eastern tribe front and the village chief of their tribe. In his 29 he then met his current wife and married her on that same year as he met her. At the age of 30 his wife then bore his son which will soon become his successor to his position just like what his father did for him. At the age of 41  his father then passed away due to sickness he endured for three years.

However despite his loss, his prestige kept climbing up to the point that much more was expected for his son. After all there is a saying that an apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Thus the expectation they had for his son was an all time high. With a twist of here and there, his son thankfully accomplished what was expected of him by other people despite the pressure he was dosed into. Nevertheless that accomplishment became another prestige to Gundahar's name as a parent.

Unknown to everyone that year when Asagi had made her formal first appearance to the world, an event also occurred at the northern continent in parallel to the events that happened in the middle continent. If Angels had descended unto the earth for the middle continent, then demons begun to ascend from the earth as they begun their operation in this cold northern lands.

That particular night, an entity in the shape of a demon firstly appeared in the western tribe front which then slowly crawled its way to the north then to the east, completely avoiding the southern tribal front of the snow peak mountain. Naturally just like what's to be expected of them, they tried their best to fend off the demon but failed miserably.