Chapter 185: Bloody Night IV

[Tekoa Town]

The night had just started, it hasn't been long since the had begun. In this moment while Ester had finally taken down Rueben by a stroke of luck, Hero Sato and the rest who went alongside him had just arrived near the Mayor's estate gate, due to a lot of people panicking and trafficking the place. Unknown to them Segel's shadow bypassed their group as it headed to the opposite direction with an intent to kill the remaining important person in Ester's life.

With two sides heading to their respective places unaware of the challenges they face, not one of them knew just how big this incident will be as the battle grows bigger.

"Heads up! I don't know what's inside that mansion, but I feel multiple powerful presence inside of it... if we lax even for a moment, some of us may die in the process" warned by Zaheer as he took ahold of the greatsword behind his back while leading the group.

Hearing his words, Sato, Takahashi, Hino, and Fujino nodded and agreed his words while holding tightly on their respective weapons.

Meanwhile while the hero group is slowly closing in on the Mayor's mansion, Azrael and Jophiel on the otherhand are calmly watching from afar on top of a building, as they were assigned to simply oversee the events that will transpire.

However in that moment both of them sensed something from the far east of the town, as Azrael felt the thick scent of death and Jophiel sensed the number of souls disappearing from afar. It was as if something was eating them or better yet destroying them.

"Azrael..." called out by Jophiel

"I know... I sensed it.... something is happening in that area... the smell of death is getting thicker in that place, I need to check it out"

"You don't even know what's causing this deaths in that area, it may be dangerous"

"Are you worrying for my safety? Cease that thought, no simple monster can kill beings of our caliber.... I'm going"

Without even waiting for Johpiel's retort, Azrael quickly unfolded his wings and flew off to the darkness as he  intended to investigate what is happening in the far east of the town which can make such a place smell a thick scent of death.

*********

While all of those were happening outside, Ester staggered on his steps as he leaned on the wall, while feeling the aching pain in his hollowed left eye. Since the battle with Rueben has ended, the adrenaline is slowly subsiding in his mind, as he can slowly think clearly, while at the same time feeling more pain in his body.

However his adrenaline rose back up again, the moment he thought of his wife suffering inthe hands of Mayor Zoabi. Alongside it, the mysterious black energy that had seeped deep within his body is slowly making him stronger than he was a few hours ago. He doesn't understand what happened, but the person who is called Lucifer, had clearly done something to him by giving him power. With such power, he could successfully save his wife and even run away from this monstrous place.

"More! I need to fight more! I need to save her"

Repeating this to himself, Ester then slowly stood straight, as he continued to move forward and heading squarely at the stairs which will bring him to the second floor. However he suddenly stopped on his tracks as his keen of smell, suddenly picked up something the moment he was about to take the stairs.

With his ability and profession which he needed to go after numerous criminals who preferred a hide and seek chase, he often times had to rely on his nose to track people down, which causes his sense of smell to be akin to a dog as time goes on even if he doesn't transform.