Rehearsal

Stop playing the song at 1:59

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You know, the first thing that I ever recorded, the very first thing, was an old, uh, rhythm and blues-type song called 'That's All Right, Little Mama,'" said Elvis. "And back then, we only had two or three instruments at the time... but this ain't no nostalgia show. We're gonna do something... different."

Everyone stopped playing their respective instruments, before Elvis walked over to the pianist.

"I, uh... I wanna try something new. Alright, Glen, you're gonna start us off, ok? Take the intro here," said Elvis, before scatting softly. "Ba, ba, ba, ba, da. Ba, ba, ba, ba, da. Ba, ba, ba, ba, da."

Glen quickly got it and started playing, which Elvis approved of and nodded.

"Alright, bring that bass up, Jerry," Elvis said to his bass player (different Jerry).

Jerry backed up Glen's piano playing on his bass guitar.

"Keep playing," Elvis told him and Glen, as he walked over to the Sweet Inspirations, Cimorelli, and the Imperials

"Whoo!" called a band member.

"Oh! Oh! Oh!" smiled Elvis, before turning to the three groups.

"That's all right!" he sang.

"That's all right!" sang the Sweet Inspirations.

"That's all right!" he sang again.

"That's all right!" sang Cimorelli.

"Boys?" Elvis cued.

"That's all right!" sang the Imperials.

"With me," said Elvis.

"Any way you do!" they all sang together.

"Alright," smiled a very pleased Elvis, turning to his guitarist. "James, you ready?"

James started playing a killer guitar solo on his pink telecaster.

"Oh! WHOOO! Flames, man! Flames are coming out of that guitar! I got that

"Oh! WHOOO! Flames, man! Flames are coming out of that guitar! I got that. Ronnie..." he said, before patting him on the head and walking to the horns. "I'll get back to that. Horns, you ready? Ba-da-bom! Ba-da-bom!"

The trumpets played it, but Elvis wasn't yet feeling it.

"Let's up the octave!" he shouted.

The trumpets played the same melody, but in a higher octave, causing everyone in the room to cheer.

"Yeah!" roared an excited Elvis. "Hot damn!" he said, before walking over to the trombones. "Alright, Fellas! On a one, three, four..."

The trombones played the starting note, followed by the trumpets

The trombones played the starting note, followed by the trumpets. Elvis punched the air, feeling the music. There was laughter and cheering filling the showroom.

"Ronnie..." Elvis said to his drummer. "You know what to do, man. Do it to me, come on. Take us home."

Ronnie started pounding the drums. The rhythm was everything Elvis wanted. Elvis shook his leg and spun the microphone in his hand, before getting up close to Ronnie.

"Huh, huh, huh, huh, ha! Ha! Ha! Come on! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!"

Elvis got lost in the music and started shaking and panting.