𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

december 19th 2021

––––

zoe was sat on the sofa with a fluffy blanket over her body. she is panicked that baby girl will make her arrival soon because over the past week, she's been having contractions and still yet to tell mason. she doesn't want to tell him because on christmas eve, they are going to this christmas thing with mason's family and she doesn't want to ruin it.

she hissed in pain as another contraction hit, they've been getting more intense and closer together which could only mean one thing, she's going to have baby soon.

"princess, can you hold on for a couple more days, please." zoe said as she moved slowly but as she stood up, she felt a pop sensation.

she looked down in fear to see her shorts soaked, she took a deep breath before waddling upstairs to go and get some fresh clothes on.

whilst she was getting changed, she heard the front door open which meant that mason was home from the match.

"LOVE?" mason shouted as zoe hid the soaked shorts and walked downstairs.

"yeah?" zoe said as mason rushed over to her, embracing her in for a cuddle.

zoe tried to remain calm when another contraction hit but it was no use, mason knew something was up. he gave her that look and then looked at the bump with concern laced in his face.

"why are you trying to hide your pain?" mason said as zoe looked down.

"because i don't want to ruin christmas." zoe said, feeling the tears roll down her cheeks.

"why would you ruin christmas beautiful?" mason said, bringing his hand to his face and gently wiping the tears.

"because i'm in labour and we will most likely be in hospital over christmas." zoe said and mason made eye contact with her.

"i don't care if we are in hospital, we'll have our baby girl with us." mason said as zoe sent him a soft smile.

"can we go to the hospital now? i don't want to be giving birth in the car." zoe joked as he helped her to the car, taking their time.

"mase, can you go and get one of your hoodies please."

"yeah of course baby, make sure she doesn't pop out okay?"