Thirty One

"So..." We just pulled outside the house, both of us having been quiet all night.

We drove around for hours not saying a word to the other. "Tommorows the day." Andrew finally spoke. "Are you sure we can pull this off Andy?"

It's the night before the wedding, Andrew was dropping me off from another "date". If all goes well tomorrow, it was our last fake date. I was really starting to second guess if our plan would work. "Hey we got this" he squeezes my hand. "It's a full proof plan and as long as Archer does his part by this time tomorrow we'll both be free of this hell." If being the key word. "Thats if Archer ever saw our message you mean."

"Jupiter we will get out of this somehow. Remember the plan-" I cut him off. "Andrew don't you get it? We don't even know if this stupid plan will work. With how heavily monitored I have been I don't even know if Archer ever received the message or not. I mean my god I don't even know if my boyfriend is even alive anymore! The last time I saw him I was being drugged and all I could see was him being shot and bleeding out right in front of my eyes." I was crying again. Something I've done a lot since being taken. Andrew pulled me into a hug, letting all of my emotions come out. "Jupiter. We will find a way, I promise."

"It's just crazy to think that if this doesn't work, by this time tomorrow I'll be married to a gay man!" Andrew bursts out laughing. "I'll be the best damn gay husband you could have ever asked for." He's obviously trying to lighten the mood. I look up at the house in front of me, a sinking feeling in my stomach. "What if it doesn't work?" I mumble. "It will work, you need to have a little faith. Now go inside. Get some rest, and I will see you tomorrow." Nodding I get out of the car, "I guess..." I run my hands through my hair, wanting a few more seconds of feeling like myself before having to go inside and fake everything one last time. "I'll be the one wearing white." He laughs at me, "I'll see you tomorrow."

What Andrew doesn't know is one way or another he would be getting out of this life tomorrow. With or without me.

I'll die before I marry a man I don't love.

*****

The next morning I wake up at eight am sharp. Only six more hours of  faking this. I quickly packed a bag with my stuff. Not that I had much, just my necklaces from home, an outfit to change into and some makeup wipes. Standing in the en-suite bathroom I grip the porcelain sink, staring at the stranger in the mirror that is me. "One more day." I gasp, "Just one more day..." grabbing the bottle of sleeping pills I stole from my mothers cabinet I throw them in my bag as a last resort. My mother bursted into my room asking me about the bag, I quickly covered by saying that it was last minute packing for the honeymoon. She got giddy at that thought paying absolutely no mind to my weird behavior. "Pre wedding jitters I see." She winks at me, I could only muster up a nod and fake smile.

Mother quickly drags me downstairs where a hair and makeup artist were waiting for me. After getting my hair and makeup done I would head to a nails salon to get my acrylics filled. Then it was off to the hotel venue to get married. "Are you ready for your big day?" Mother asks, I smile up at her. "I can't wait. Two can't come fast enough." She let's out a squeak hugging me quickly. In all honesty I wasn't lying.

Two PM really couldn't come fast enough.

"I knew you would come around pumpkin! Let's turn you into a bride shall we?"
Two hours later my hair and makeup were done to perfection. The makeup was a bit much, but good for a wedding I suppose. If this was my actual wedding I would be over the moon at how well these ladies did. My hair was in a beautiful low bun updo with a braid going across the back of it. The hairstylist had added a white string of flowers to it. Making it look beautiful and elegant.