Seven

It's just gone midnight, I was tipsy to say the least. And I couldn't stop staring at Archer, who was dancing with some girl in the middle of the bonfire lit field. I'm not sure why him dancing made me angry. I mean he was only my project partner. But for some reason watching him laugh, dancing with her. My blood boiled.

"Hey babygirl. What are you doing out here by your lonesome." Laci slopped a big wet kiss on my cheek. I glanced at a very stressed looking Mac. I chuckled at my inebriated best friend. "She's gone macaroni." Mac gave me a look I know all to well. Laci has always been a lightweight. And tonight was no exception.

"Come on Jupi let's go take shots!" Laci screams in Glee dragging me away. "I got her for a bit Mac take a break." He nods knowing I wouldn't be able to hear him over his screaming girlfriend and the pounding music.

Laci pulls me right up to the bar and orders four shots of patron. "There is only us two Lace!" She slams two shots in front of me with an expectant look on her face. One more glance at Archer and the girl made my decision for me.

"Fuck it." I slam back both of the shots. Scrunching my face up from the burn, I hold in a cough. I look at the bartender and he gives me two more shots. I can already feel the buzz coming, but it's not quick enough. So I slam back two more shots if patron. I don't even feel the burn the second time around.

*****

"Never really knew that she could dance like this!
She make a man wants to speak Spanish!
¿Cómo se llama? Bonita
Mi casa, su casa
Shakira! Shakira!"

I sing along to the music, rolling my hips to the beat. After I realized four shots wasn't enough I took the whole bottle. That bottle was now long gone, and I was currently working on a bottle of Grey Goose. Laci was currently grinding up against me, and Mac was shaking his head from the sidelines. "Come on Macaroni don't be jealous your girlfriend loves me more!" I abruptly turn and give Lace a sloppy wet kiss on the cheek. "I thought you were babysitting my girlfriend not instigating?!" I pretended I couldn't hear him. "I love you Lace!" She hugs me screaming, "I love you too!"

Mac rolls his eyes and walks away. "Your boyfriend is leaving us!" She shrugs "I don't care I wanna dance!"
I on the other hand tip my bottle of Grey Goose back and continue drinking. I planned to finish the whole bottle, but someone had other plans when they ripped my beloved alcohol from my hands.

"HEY!" I was ready to kill who ever took my bottle.

"Princess, I think it's time to go home..."
"Archie! I missed you! Come dance with me! It will be fun!"
"No Jupiter-" I put my hand over his mouth to shut him up. "Please Archie, o-one dance and I pinky pr-promise I'll go home!" I give him my best puppy dog face. In reality I had no intention of going home, but I really wanted to dance with Archie. I lean up on my tip toes, (having lost my heels about two hours ago) and whisper in his ear. "I know you're afraid of spi-spiders, but are you afraid offff dancing too?" I stumble back giggling. Archer leans over to Mac whispering something into his ear. They share a knowing look and nod.

I begin dancing to the music by myself. "Com-me on Archer, o-one song pleaaaseeee!" He let's out a loud groan before coming over to me wrapping his arms around my waist securely. Butterflies dance in my tummy as he does this. I gave him a goofy smile and a kiss on the cheek while we danced. Well I should say I danced. He kind of stood there with his arm around me.

"Alright princess, you've had you're dance it's time to go." I just giggled shaking my head. Continuing to dance next to him. "Well, you asked for it." I didn't get a chance to ask what he meant, because he was throwing me over his shoulder. "HEY WHAT THE HELL!" Out of the corner of my eyes I could see Mac lifting Laci up.