Chapter 21

Casey's POV

I looked and smiled. Jake looked down at our hands and I took mine out of his and looked down. He looked over at the girl who's name I assume is Ellie and then smiled.

"Jake." She breathes out and looks up with glossy eyes. He smiled and rubbed a thumb over her hand. Again I scowled as I was still confused.

They talked for what seemed like forever and I didn't listen. I get it, they friends, he hasn't talked to her in a while. I have one word Letigo. I don't hate her, I just wanted to talk to Jake. About.... stuff.

"Well Jake I have to go but I'll talk to you soon, yeah?" She says standing. He smiles and hugs her. I catch my breath as they do this.

"See you later princess." He whispers and I'm not sure if I was supposed to hear him.

Once Ellie left he wouldn't look at me. Maybe he just didn't want to. Maybe he felt he couldn't. Or he didn't like to look at people. But he had looked at Ellie when she spoke. Jeez, I'm a mess. I look down army shaking hands and then glance at Jake. I see his here move swiftly and I smirk. He looked may, so if was all in my head.

"Jake." My voice is soft and broken and I cuss. I told myself I wasn't gunna cry. Not at all. I look at him and out eyes met. I don't know how long we stood there, just staring. You know in the movies how time seems to stop when the girl looks at the guy, then they run into each others arms and kiss? Yeah well this isn't a movie. After a few seconds we break our gazes and he sits.

"Casey I'm sorry." He whispers and my head snaps to look at him. I can't see his lips but. I can't hear what he's saying because I can't figure out how he would think this is his fault. It's mine. All of it.

"Jake stop. Okay it's not your fault and stop apologizing. I- I should be the one says sorry."

(Jakes POV)

"Jake stop. Okay it's not your fault and stop apologizing. I- I should be the one says sorry." My face was blank and I don't say a thing. I blinked and looked at him. I couldn't tell him it wasn't his fault but I felt I should. But. I couldn't. Because it was. I knew he felt bad.... but I didn't want to.

"Casey I- I don't know what to say." I whisper and look down. I see his hand and without hesitation I grab it. His breath hitches and I hope he's not mad. He was on a date with Betsy.

"Because you knows it my fault." He says and crosses his arms causing his hand to fall out of mine. I see tears rise in his eyes and I look down.

"No it's not. It's fine. I should have been... I should have been stronger." I now rap my arms around my body and look down. I pull my knees to my chest. His gaze snaps to me and he instantly by my side shaking his head.

"No it's not. It's never your fault. Please Jakey... don't say that.... please. I hate seeing you like this. Baby please." His voice is broken and cracked and now he's full on sobbing. His arms rap around me and pull my close. I lean into him and cry into his chest. I then realize that I'm not the only one who's broken.

Casey broke me.

And. I broke him.

(Casey's POV)

I look at our hands and sigh. I loved him and I didn't know how to tell him. I broke him. Now I'm a mess. I broke both of us. Tears feel from my eyes faster than ever. I couldn't help it. I- I couldn't handle it.

Hes shaking and I hope he's not thinking that I don't love him. Because I do. But I can't describe it. I don't know if I can even say it. I've never said it to anyone outside my family.

"Jake I- I love you."

(Jakes POV)

I looked at him like he was crazy. I scowl and look up at him. His eyes scan over mine and I look down. Please don't say anything else. I know it's not the same.

"Jake I love you. I do. Your not just my best friend your everything to me. You've shown me things I've never seen before. Made me feel things I've never felt and I- I love you." He says and looks at me.

"Casey I love you too. But don't say it if its not the same. You know how. I feel and-" he cut me off by grabbing my face. His lips fall on mine I almost pull back. But he smirks and pulls me close.

This is what I've always wanted.

////////
A/N

Omg my crying! I'm watching Greys Anatomy and I'm fucking crying!!! And what I just wrote made it worse!!!

Instagram: @aye_reece_nutella or @morganallen1109

Twitter: @carrotqueen459