016. too perfect

"Well, you know what, at least you tried." Sam says as the four are in Bobby's living room.

"Yeah, fat lot of good it did. Why did he even come, right?" Dean asks, slamming the book he's holding shut. Sam shrugs. "Well, Samuel's journals are pointless. I mean, I'm sorry, but, uh, Jebediah Campbell has squat to tell me about how to stop Cas from cracking Purgatory."

"Well actually, it's not about the journals we have, it's about the one we don't." Bobby says.

"Meaning what?" Sam asks.

"Well, that's the bad news. Our pal Cas didn't stop in last night just to mend fences." Bobby says.

"What did he do?" Dean asks.

"Stole something." Bobby informs.

"What?"

"The journal of one Moishe Campbell."

"Moishe?" Sam asks.

"Parents must've hated that kid." Natalie mutters.

"Of the New York Campbells." Bobby says.

"Well, uh, so we gotta get it back, right?" Sam asks. Bobby hands an envelope to Sam.

"Or just read the copy I'd already made." Bobby says before seeing the siblings' looks. "Hi, glad to meet you. Bobby Singer. Paranoid bastard." He introduces.

"Bobby... I love you." Natalie says.

~ ~ ~

"I think I zeroed in on something." Bobby says.

"What do you got?" Dean asks and Bobby hands him a page out of a journal. ""Went to talk to Howard Phillips about the events of March 10th.""

"That's March 10th, 1937." Bobby says.

"All right. So who's this Phillips guy?" Dean asks.

"Phillips ain't his last name. It's Lovecraft." Bobby informs.

"Wait, H.P. Lovecraft?" Sam asks and Bobby nods.

"Like the actual H.P. Lovecraft?" Natalie asks and Bobby nods.

"Let me see that." Sam says and Dean gives him the paper.

"Am I supposed to know who that is?" Dean asks.

"Horror writer. At the Mountains of Madness, The Call of Cthulu?" Bobby asks.

"Yeah, it's-- no, I'm-- I was too busy having sex with women." Dean says making both Bobby and Natalie roll their eyes.

"Well, anyhow. There's one notion that comes up over and over again in his stories. Namely opening doors to other dimensions and letting scary crap through."

"You don't say." Dean mutters.

"Wait, so you're saying you think Lovecraft knew something about Purgatory?" Sam asks.

"All I know is Moishe paid him a visit." Bobby says.

They continue reading for a bit when Dean's phone rings and he answers it.

"Ben?" Dean asks.

"There's men in the house." Ben says.

"What?" Dean asks.

"They killed Matt. They got mom. They're coming, I hear them." Ben says.

"What are they?" Dean asks.

"I-- I don't know." Ben says.

"Did you see their eyes?" Dean asks.

"No." Ben answers.

"Teeth?"