028. handling emotions

It's been three weeks since Bobby died, the siblings not leaving the cabin very much. Dean has buried himself in research while Sam attempts to just get through the day. Natalie focuses all of her attention on her children, completely ignoring the healthy grieving process and any of her own emotions in favor of making sure they're living in peace.

Dean is currently standing at the wall of research he has and Natalie and the twins are playing with the small train set that she got them a few months ago.

Sam walks into the cabin, putting duffel bags on the table. He grabs a beer out of the fridge, opening it.

"Guys, you know, um... I wonder if-- if we... I mean, should we be telling people? I mean, people he knew." Sam says.

"How long ago did I give Frank these numbers?" Dean asks, motioning to the notepad he's holding that had the numbers that Bobby wrote last. "It's been a few weeks, right? What, is he nuts, or is he just being rude?"

"Probably both." The twins say in sync.

"Dean, I-I got to ask you a question." Sam says.

"Unless, of course, something happened to him. He can't get to the phone because a leviathan ate his face." Dean says.

"Yeah, also a possibility." Sam says.

"We should go check on him." Dean says.

"Guys, do you want to call Bobby's people or not?" Sam asks.

"W-why is-- why is that our job?" Dean asks.

"Probably cause we're the only ones that know." Natalie comments.

"Because who else is gonna do it?" Sam asks.

"I'm not calling anybody. If you want to, you go right ahead." Dean says.

"I don't want to call anybody. You kidding me?" Sam scoffs.

A phone from one of the duffel bags start to ring.

"Well, I'm not getting it." Dean says.

Sam rummages around for the phone, taking it out, and answering it.

"Hello?" He asks. "Uh, no. He's, uh... i-i-it's not, but I'm a friend of his." He says. "He's... not here, but, look, if you need s--" He lowers the phone.

"Who was it?" Dean asks.

"Just some kid." Sam says.

"For Bobby? Girl Scout cookies?" Dean asks.

"I think maybe... maybe a hunter's kid? I mean, she sounded pretty scared. You know, I have a called ID. Maybe we should go find her. We-- we can check on her." Sam says.

"What about Frank?" Dean asks.

"Well, Dean, I think we should go find this girl first." Sam says.

"Sam, Frank's been working on the numbers that Bobby spent his last breath on, and you want to back burner that?" Dean asks. Sam doesn't say anything. "Fine. You go check this girl out. I'll find Frank."

"Fine. But you know what? On one condition -- if Frank is just spinning his wheels, then you bail out on crazy and come meet me." Sam says.

Dean doesn't reply, grabbing the beer he has. He goes to take a drink but finds it empty.

"And thanks for drinking my entire beer." Dean remarks.

"I didn't touch your beer. Mine's right there." Sam points to the kitchen table. Dean looks over at Natalie.

"Have you seen me move in, like, two hours?" Natalie questions.

"You probably drank it without noticing." Sam says.