eight.

Lavender sat in Principle Weems office, looking at the Sheriff and Weems, her gaze flickering between the two as they just looked at her with no emotion

She nodded her head and sighed. "So...?"

"Right," Sheriff Galpin spoke, coughing to ease the awkwardness. "What were you and Wednesday Addams doing in the woods?"

"I don't know why you're not asking Wednesday–"

"We have asked Wednesday, we asked her about you too. Just making sure your stories add up." The Sheriff spoke, putting his hands on his hips.

"Alright, well, I was talking to Xavier Thorpe, but someone ran into me and I wanted to know who it was since they didn't stop and say sorry," she said truthfully.

"But I looked over and seen Wednesday running after Rowan, and some guy running a few minutes after her. So I decided to follow her."

"How do I know you're telling the truth?" Sheriff spoke.

"Because–"

"Because she can't lie." Weems finished for her.

"Uh– yeah," Lavender said looking towards Weems. "I can't. I can kinda beat around it, but if I don't give a solid answer, then you know it's a lie."

"So, you genuinely don't know what this kid looks like?"

"Nope." She said popping the 'p'.

"Okay, well, I guess you can go now." Galpin said.

The day of the Poe Cup

The day of the Poe Cup. Although she wasn't taking part in it, attendance was mandatory.

She stood outside a black tent with Enid Sinclair, who she haven't even spoken to before, just heard an awful lot about.

Wednesday walked out of the tent in her cat
costume, looking absolutely mortified with herself, but Lavender thought it was a perfect time for a pun.

"Awh shucks! Well, Don' you look absolutely purrdy!"

"Amusing. I'm laughing on the inside. Ha... ha."