fourteen.

Family day. what a great, day. After what happened at the Rave'N... oh, you don't know what happened, do you?

After Prudence and Lavender got back to their dorms, Prudence took it upon herself to either try and dis-charm the necklace, or just completely destroy it.

which she successfully did.

Lavender didn't seem to be feeling too trilled when about seeing her father, and she wasn't really certain whether he was coming or not. Evidently her dad had told her that he was undertaking a mission on the other side of the Caribbean Sea - something with a mysterious burial chamber, but the details were a little hazy, if she was being honest.

Lavender never paid much attention to her dad's conversations.

"On the mend?" Wednesday said. "Try in a coma." As Principle Weems talked about the monster attack that happened to a fellow peer of Lavenders.

Although Lavender didn't know who Eugene was, she knew Wednesday started to like him, which made him important to every one of Wednesday's friends.

"Have you been to see him?" Enid questioned.
"You're his friend." Enid spoke with a sad smile.

"I'm the reason he's in the hospital." The Addams girl spoke as she talked down upon herself.

"no, Wednesday that is not your fault." Lavender reassured.

"It's not on you, Wednesday," Enid said in a comforting voice, her sad smile replaced with kinder one. "You're his friend, and that's what matters."

"Yeah, Don't blame yourself, Wednesday," Prudence said gently. "It doesn't seem like the Monster has caused any trouble recently, so maybe you've scared it away." She tried to sound encouraging as she glanced at Enid for agreement.

"Probably," Lavender shrugged with a smile, trying to reassure the group. "Maybe he looked at your deadly stare and said 'spooky'." She smiled greatly.

"Or maybe it went into hiding to avoid this weekend." Wednesday said in a monotone voice.

the group went silent for a while, but Enid was bouncing on her toes, dying to ask a question.

What's up, Enid?" Lavender asked with a friendly expression. "Have you talked to Xavier?" Enid grinned. "No, why would I?," she questioned, her eyebrows raised in inquiry.

"Well, I was speaking to Ajax–"

"A lot more than just speaking." Prudence interrupted.

"Shush," Enid spoke. "And Ajax was saying that–"

Just then, it seemed like everyone's gaze had been caught off guard by the Addams' entrance, and Enid was in the midst of talking, but didn't get a single ear listening.

"I knew I should've worn my plague mask." Wednesday commented.

It was as though everyone's parents were arriving at the same time, including Lavender's dad. It didn't appear as though he was over the moon. "Ah, great. Let's go say hello to the 'rent." said in a said in a sarcastic matter.

Swiftly but awkwardly, she approached him with a lighthearted grin. Preparing for what could prove to be hell on earth.

"Hi, dad."

"Ah, Lavender - I was just about to call out your name." She gave a faint grin and blinked a few times in response.

"Okay, no need for that, let's just.." He continued, surveying the area. "Where are the other magical beings? You know, like wizards and dwarfs and such?"

Lavender smiled and replied, "Uh, there are a lot of, witches, warlocks, shape-shifters, werewolves, bloodsuckers... Sirens" She shrugged.

"You're the only elf?" He asked.

"Yup," she smiled.

"Curious," he said with a small lift how his brow. "We have a meeting with Principle Weems, and then we can go into the town." He nodded, before completely walking off.

"Good to see you too," she whispered before following up to her dad's strides.

————

"Yes, Lavender is doing exceptionally well!" Weems beamed brightly. "Did Lavender mention to you the new horse stables we're constructing in light of her suggestions?"

Horith Marigold tilted his head inquisitively, with a raised brow, edging closer. "Didn't you have a horse stable before? You've got a variety of sports and recreation activities on offer, so why did you not previously include horse riding?" He questioned.

"Uh," Principle Weems carried out, looking towards Lavender, who smiled and shrugged her shoulders.

"Dad," Lavender said. "Next term, we could bring Merlin down here and stable him here!" She smiled trying to ease the tension.

"Now, that is a good idea," he nodded.

"And Lavender could even school some of her peers," Weems laughed with a lighthearted tone.

The room went into an awkward quietude. If Lavender had tinnitus, she'd be positive this is what it sounded like.

Lavender broke into friendly monotone voice. "Hey, how about we make our way to Jericho? I'm sure Principle Weems' schedule is probably full, so..."

"Yes! Indeed I do," she nodded and intertwined her hands together on her desk.

————

Huh, 2022 is coming to its end and it wants to get everything off its tale before the new year.

Andrew tate was the cherry on top.

I don't really have much to say if I'm being honest, although this chapter was short, I just wanted to get something out before '22 comes to its much needed end.

I hope you've all had a lovely Christmas, and if you don't like Christmas, or even celebrate it, then I hope it went as good as it could've gone for you.

Until then next year....

V