thirteen.

Lavender was really excited to go to the Rave'N, despite earlier claiming she wanted to stay in; she couldn't tell you why, but it was clear she was delighted!

Colden guided Lavender towards the entrance of the Rave'N, where Ms. Thornhill was waiting to greet the students.

"You both look wonderful!" Ms. Thornhill beamed with delight.

Lavender and Mr. Draven continued into the Rave'N, where Principle Weems greeted them.

"Ah, couldn't miss the night, could you Ms. Marigold?" Principle Weems said with a pleasant smile.

"I'd rather-"

Lavender haven't any chance to say anything, before she suddenly realized that something was stopping her. Her expression brightened up, and she gave a beaming smile as she said, "Couldn't miss a night like this, Principal Weems!"

Colden gestured to a table nearby and then instructed, "Don't wander off, stay here. I'll get us some drinks." Lavender nodded in agreement.

"Wow, you look incredible!" Prudence exclaimed, beaming at Lavender as she pulled out a chair and sat down.

Lavender's face lit up in response.

"So do you!" she replied.

Prudence studied her for a second, and asked with a concerned look,
"Are you okay? Or just really happy?"

Lavender laughed, her eyes full of joy.
"Of course I'm okay, silly!"

Prudence frowned.

"Are you sure-"

"Well, Prudence Keith," Colden said cheerfully, holding two Yeti-tinis while standing by Lavender's side. "How did you get suckered into coming here? Who's the unfortunate soul?"

"And who's the lucky lady that you've come with, Colden?" Prudence asked with an inquisitive smile.

"That would be the one I'm standing next to," he replied happily, glancing down at Lavender.

Prudence knit her eyebrows together. Turning to look at Lavender, a sight that couldn't help but make her warm inside; her gaze showed signs of deep affection and joy.

'There's no way,' Prudence thought to herself. Xavier wouldn't fail to ask her, surely?
Steadily, Prudence kept an eye on Lavender.
It was readily apparent how in love the two were, almost like they were both made for one another.

As Lavender kept her eyes glued on, a momentary sparkle could be seen - the tiniest glimmer of pink glinting off her joyous gaze.

Instantly, Prudence recognized she had been captivated.

Sadly, Colden was a proficient magician, the cream of the crop in the outcasts circle. The source of his power was a family known for their exceptional strength in magic.