twelve.

"While most plants reward their pollinators with sweet nectar, many carnivorous varieties turn to sexual trickery

"While most plants reward their pollinators with sweet nectar, many carnivorous varieties turn to sexual trickery." Ms. Thornhill spoke.

Lavender sighed. How can a class room be so quiet? She could've swore she had fell asleep numerous of times during this class.

Actually, she is right to think Xavier himself had fallen asleep numerous of times also.

She actually hasn't seen Xavier all day, she would've thought he would be at breakfast. He's always first in line to call dibs on the hashbrowns.

But, he weren't there this time.

But perhaps he was trying to hide the enormous gash he had on his neck. Which really had made her think, and even had concerned her.

Xavier grunted as he bent down for a book, causing Lavender to look at him.

"I tweaked my back fencing."

"You do that in fencing too?" She asked, motioned to the place on her neck to where his wound was. "Or was it just a really big cat?"

Xavier gave her a glance, but look off towards Ms. Thornhill.

"You should let me look at it, you know. I was trained to heal people." She shrugged.

"What can't you do?" He asked, now seeming a little more light hearted.

"Elves are trained in most things," she shrugged.

"–what do the male insects get in exchange?" Ms. Thornhill asked.

"Nada. Just like all the guys at the Rave'N"

Rave'n? What's a Rave'N?

"Okay, okay. I know you're all excited about Saturday–"

"What's Saturday?" Lavender asked Xavier, her eye brows furrowed. Xavier turned to her, with the exact same look as her.

"What? Prudence didn't tell you about the Rave'N?" He asked.

She shook her head.

"It's a dance, more or less."

"Oh..." she trailed off. "Ew."

"Ew?" He asked.

"I mean, yeah. I'd rather sleep."

"Oh," he nodded. "You could just... go with someone." He shrugged with a smile, putting his book away, now fully revealing his wound.

Lavenders eyes went wide, which they rarely did. And made the bold movement to grab his collar and bring him closer, but moving it down slightly to make sure the wound was still visible, which automatically made eyes snap to both of them.

"What are you–"

"This was not fencing," she said cutting him off. "What did you do?"

"Nothing, fell over in my sleep."

"You... what?" She asked, blinking a few times.

"Nothing," he said, pulling away from grasp.

"LAV!" Was immediately yelled into the shared dorm room of Lavenders and Prudence's

Lavender had just walked in when Prudence's had multiple outfits sprawled across not one, but two beds.

"What do I wear?!" She frantically said.

"I didn't take you up to be a... 'partier' of sorts." Lavender said.

"I'm not, but every year something goes wrong at with these dances! So, I always like to be there to see what happens!" She said all at once, taking a deep breath after she finished. "Help!"

"Yeah, okay, uh.." she trailed off as she looked over the white, silver and blue outfits. "I'm not too much help, I'm not a elegant kind of–"

"Oh my, just pick some that looks the best and you can have the rest."

"Charming." She grinned.

"Yeah, okay. That white jump suit is lovely, and, uh, I like these two dresses." She pointed out. "Who are you going with anyway?"

"Psh," Prudence scoffed. "You think I'm going with anyone? No, I'm independent."

"Of course you are," Lavender smiled. "I'm sure you'll tell me all about it when the night is over."

"You're not going?" Prudence asked.

"Nope!" Lavender said popping the 'p'

"Xavier did ask you, huh?"

Lavender went silent. "What?"

"I just assumed–"

But, a knock at the door cut Prudence off.

"Hold that thought," Lavender said, scurrying over to the dorm rooms door.

"Hello,"

Lavender stood dumbfounded, and she couldn't help but blink a couple times.

"How'd you know what dorm I was in?"

"We're on the same floor." Colden smiled.

"Lucky us!" She smiled sarcastically. "What do you want?" She asked.

"I just wanted to know,"

–————

I KNOW THIS IS SHORT, BUT DONT WORRY.

UNTIL, LIKE... LITERALLY  THE NEXT CHAPTER IN A 3 MINUTES SO DON'T WORRY.

V.