eleven

*instert...SPACE SONG*

Mayer Walker and Principle Weems spoke and greeted eachother as they waited for all students to he sat.

Lavender would rather be anywhere other than this. Watching everyone party over a murder, it's even more surprising that Nevermore are celebrating this, considering the man hated 'outcasts'.

But, any how, she found a spot besides Prudence, that seemed to be just in front of Xavier and Ajax.

She was talking to Prudence when she felt a nudge on her back, but, she wasn't going to turn around, she couldn't be bothered.

But yet again, another nudge after another.

This time, she turned around and saw that Ajax and Xavier were talking.

"Can you stop?" She asked, looking at both of them.

"What?" Xavier question. And at the corner of Lavenders eye, she could see that Ajax began to smirk, as if he was keeping away a laugh.

She furrowed her brows and narrowed her eyes and turned back around, looking towards the in front as Mayer Walker looked ready to present.

But immediately she felt another nudge on her back, which caused her to turn around instantly.

"I swear, Xavier."

He was teasing her, and she knew it, and she did not appreciate it.

"I'm not doing anything." He shrugged with a smile.

"You're making me not like you."

"I don't think that's exactly true," he said raising a brow.

"Thank you!" Mayer Walker spoke up. Causing Prudence and Ajax to pay attention, but Lavender kept her gaze on Xavier for a lot longer, challenging him almost.

"I-"

"Shush." He smirked, raising his pointer finger just over his mouth before pointing towards Mayer Walker who was standing on a podium.

Lavender stuck her middle finger up at him, before turning around and crossing her arms over her chest.

"It is my honor... to celebrate our town's history, and Jericho's noble forefather, Joseph Crackstone."

Lavender heard Prudence scoff besides her. "Why are we celebrating someone who hated us? They should be celebrating us, Joseph Crackstone wouldn't even be known for his carnage if it wasn't for us."

Lavender completely agreed on the fact, even though she didn't know much about Joseph Crackstone and his massacre of outcasts.

"Now, he believed that with a happy heart and an open ear, that there was nothing our town couldn't achieve." He smiled. "So, together as one, our community and our friends at Nevermore Academy, we've built a monument to celebrate his memory."

Lavenders hearing abilities began to go off once again, trying to find out what was so alarming as of now, she looked at Wednesday, to see if Wednesday had begun to do anything, but she couldn't see anything.

The band began to play, along with Wednesday who didn't have an emotion or body language of wanting to be there, and then Mayer Walker let the water run of Joseph Crackstone's statue.

And that's when she heard the sparking fire, and then she found it, it was following a trail of gasoline, and how nobody was bothered, she'll never know.

But she soon pointed it out to Prudence, who was no determined to see where this went.

The both watched the trail of fire before it followed up a ramp into the fountain, and that's when it exploded with flames, causing screams amongst her peers and every adult.