Bao part 1

Requested by Totally_Not_Me_2010

                My first two parter!

A while ago, answer team 352b signed up for a rather new program called New bots, same structure. Its goal is to help foreign workers get used to the office before sending them to work solo. Hap asked them about it because he thought it’s be perfect for them and they would be able to meet new people.

They were all fond of this idea and signed up for this instantly awaiting their first ‘mission’.

Around 2 weeks later, Hap called them for more details.

“Okay 352b, you guys have your first student!” He said. “Her name is Bao Wang, and she’s straight from Shenzhen China. Back home, she was an overachiever, top of her classes, and worked at a takeout place at 15! Now that she’s 18, she wanted to go to America for a better life but she’s having a hard time learning english, so she signed up for this program. She’ll be coming the second week of June so that gives you a little over a month to prepare and possibly pick up a bit of mandarin so you’ll be able to understand her. What do you say?”

Bentley, Blake, and Becca were cool with it but they directed their attention to Bay and Bri (reasons should be clear)

“Umm, does she know that we’re also Asian Hap?” Baylin asked.

“Yes, we gave her a bit of information about you guys and asked if she wanted this team or a new one but she said she didn’t care and just wanted to learn english.

“-phew!- that’s a relief! Brianna said.

“So we just have to plan out lessons to help her learn english, and pick up a bit of mandarin?” Becca asked.

“Yep! She’s very excited to come here!” Hap said.
“Well you can count on us Hap!” Bentley cheered, raising his fist in the air.

“This is why I chose you, 352b!” Hap smiled. “However, you might want to get out that hair dye of your’s. Foreign members and all that.”

“You can also count on us for that Hap!” Blake said.

“Perfect, here’s a file of the info I told you in case you’d forget. She comes at noon on the second week next month so be in my office ASAP! Good luck!”

After they said their goodbyes to Hap, the team quickly left to undye their hair, by the time they returned it was a few minutes into lunch so they picked up some lemonade and went to the library to plan everything out.

“So this is Mandarin.” Becca said while reading a beginner’s book about it.

“Yep.” Blake said. “You see, the trick is all in the pronunciation so it’s important to enunciate your words.”

“I haven’t had to enunciate my words since I first tried to learn english.” Bri said nostalgic.

“I remember how tough it was for me to leave my home country even though I could always come back freely.” Baylin said. “It was just sad that because I’d be working in America now, I’d barely be going to Japan anymore.”

“I felt the same way when I had to leave California, even though I knew I’d be returning home very soon.” Blake said, with Becca sympathetically smiling.

“At least you all have a home to go back to.” Brianna said, her head on the table “But this is my real home. What if Bao feels the same?”

“Maybe.” Bentley said. “Many Asians nowadays want to learn English so they can go to America for a chance at a better life; but that’s just a thought.” He smiled at Bri. She gave him a friendly shove at that.

“Wow, this has really got us nostalgic huh?” Becca said giggled.

Bently noogied her head and said.

“Hey, Bay and I already know a bit of mandarin, and you learned some through school, right Blake?”

“Mostly through a foreign exchange program but Yeah.”

“How about we skip the chinese lesson and begin the english one? She only wants to learn English after all.”

“That I can do!” Becca cheered. With Bri nodding as a result.

They spent the rest of the day (and the many weeks following)working on lessons in English starting with basic phrases then sentences and conjugations.

On the friday of the week before Bao would be coming, the team came to a solid conclusion,

“English is HARD!” Becca said.

“Tell me about it.” Said both Bay and Bri.

“I hope she’ll be able to process all of it.” Blake said. “Her mind could still be fresh enough so she’ll be able to understand it all.”

“Well let’s check the file.” Bay proposed.

“Right here.” Bay pointed. “It says that she knows a bit of English but not a lot.”

“She’ll really be relying on our help huh?” Blake said.

“Yeah, we’d better bring our A game!” Bentley said.
“Should we dress in a business casual attire Bentley?” Becca asked.

“I want to but a part of me says no.” Bentley responded. “Maybe we want to dress normal to put her at ease.”

That’s fair, not everyone can afford a pencil skirt, dinner jacket, and high heels.” Bay said. “But no matter what, I hope she’s kind and likes us.”

Becca rubbed Bay’s side and said,

“Don’t worry, she will.” Becca smiled.

Ring!

“Ooh! Work is done! Let’s go get some dinner!

After dinner, the team went to the B cousins house and stayed over, (they tend to do that on days they all need to be somewhere at a certain time mostly to guarantee that no one’s late.)

They all went to bed quickly that night to stay energized for their possible new friend.

-Next Part!-