My Valentine

"Baylin Tanaka, will you go to the seventh grade valentine's day dance with me?"

"No, I need to sound deeper when I say her name, then light up when I ask the question. At least my eyes got to at least."

"Baylin Tanaka-

No, I sound like a Batman wannabe."

I turned to look at myself in the mirror.

Come ON Bentley! You want Bay to go with you so you need to sound like it! Bad enough you don't look like it!"

Your big brown hair is gross, you look like a nerd with those square glasses on, I don't even know why Bay likes them, you look like Chelsea from Barbie, and you're boney A-S-F! Get it together idiot!

"Bentley, Baylin is here!"

My heart leaped into my throat. I asked her to come over but I was barely even prepared

I sounded like sh-t

I looked like a girl

And I barely even got started on the food I was going to make her

But here is Bay and here is a gross female freak so I'd better get ready

Since I didn't have time to do half the stuff I wanted to do, and I'd rather not hear my own voice, I wrote a brief yet simple note and ran downstairs in a strange feminine pattern. Blech.

Right after I made my way down, Bay screamed my name sounding absolutely lovestruck and ran up to hug me. I wanted to throw her in a circle like they do in movies but I learned the hard way that these arms are more suited for holding books and game controllers than pretty girls.

"I wrote you a note." I said, indirectly trying to cover my ears so I didn't have to hear myself.

"SO DID I!!!" Baylin cheered.

"What?"

"Let's exchange them together!" Bay smiled.

I handed over my note and she gave me mine along with a pen,

Darn, I should've got her one too so I could be all gentlemanly like,

Agh! Get it together Bentley!!!

However, while I was given a pen, I really needed a defibrillator for the heart attack I received.

Bentley,

Valentine's day dance?

Y N

⃞ ⃞

I only responded in the best way possible,

I handed the note back (not) casually and gave Bay her pen back.

"Oh it's okay! I have an extra right here!"

"Amazing."

Once Bay made her answer she gave the paper back and we both looked at each other's notes on the count of three.

Three!!!

Can't wait!!! 💕💞🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

My cheeks warmed up at the sight of her written down words. I couldn't have let this moment slip away so in response, I simply inquired.

"Bay?"

"Yes?"

"Would you like to stay for dinner?"

"No thanks, but thank you for the offer." She smiled. "I wish I could say yes but my mom's making ramen tonight. Maybe next time though."