A Real Friend Part 3

Emma's Pov

As soon as I came to my first class today and sat down, my teacher announced that we had a very special surprise presentation. I can't really say that I'm in love with surprises but any reason to get out of class is a blessing for me.

Once our class was called to to to the gym (now assembly room) I purposely sat away from all the troublesome kids to enjoy whatever this person would have to say.

I would never guess who it was however because it honestly shocked me to my very core. My principal happily said.

"Everyone! 352b's unofficial 6th member Bao!"

Bao's Pov

Not going to lie to you guys, I basically talked all about how awesome 352b is and stuff like that to keep the audience entertained. When it was over, I asked the principal for a special chat with Emma. He agreed to it and asked why and I said that she was a friend from a program, smiling wide.

He called her up shortly after and left me and Emma to do our own thing.

In response, I took her out on a little stroll.

"It's nice to see you again Bao!"

"Same here Emma! But respect and kind words aside, I want to talk to you about something."

"What?"

I pulled out the letter

"Oh that..."

"Why did you do the program so many times? Do you really like it or something?"

"Something like that.."

"What do you mean Ems?"

"Because it gives me a sense of clarity and reassurance that's what I'm going to do for the rest of my life."

I don't know if it was just me, but when she said that I heard a bit of pain. Was she really telling the truth? I wondered.

"I mean, well that's our task right? I might as well..."

"But would you be happy doing that?"

"I don't know. I just like making videos and stuff, even if I often run out of ideas.." Emma sighed.

I pat her back reassuringly.

"It's okay Emma."

"How is it!?" She asked.

"Because you are in a land of opportunity! You have other programs and cool attractions surrounding you! Things I wish I could've had when I was your age! You've got the liberties to look around, explore, and decipher what is or isn't for you! Anytime you want!"

"But what if I run out of time when I will graduate?" Emma panicked.

"You're never going to learn what you're good ar if you don't try new things. Like that one Shrek song, "You'll never shine if you don't glow!"

"All Star? That was from Smash Mouth nearly 20 years ago!" Emma laughed as I blushed red in embarrassment.

Emma looked Bao right in the eyes.

"Will you explore with me?"

"What?"

"Will you help me figure out what I want to do?"

"I mean, this is your journey right?"

"Please?" Emma begged.

Emma's pleading glare reminded me of the other orphans in China I often took care of. They didn't have any direction and had no clue what they wanted to do with their life. This reminded me of Emma far too much.

While I had to take care of those kids because I had to, I assumed that I could actually help Emma because I wanted to.

I looked at her reassuringly.

"Yes." I smiled. "You know where to find me right?"

"Yep!" She grinned

I then put her hand on her shoulder.

"And you know where you have to go right now, right?"

Emma gulped and sighed.

"Will you go with me too? Please?"

I smiled again once more.

"Yes, and for as long as you need me to from now on."