ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔒𝔫𝔢

-Do remind me again why I must attend to this school? -Hecate asked while taking in the dark green forest on the outside as she was being taken to the Academy.

-Because, my lovely poison, your father failed to give you a well-rounded education and I fear I'm not the best suited for the job. - the words so well spoken from Lilith's dark plum lips made the girl roll her eyes still admiring the landscape around her. -You'll love Nevermore, I was a student there myself many years ago.- the older witch beamed reminiscing in old glorious days of her youth.

-If only I had stayed dead. - she muttered making the matriarch hold and twist her hand compelling Hecate to turn her head against her wishes.

-Do not say that ever again. -Lilith's voice felt like a hiss from a snake but after her father Hecate had yet to meet someone that could scare her, even if she had stopped being scared at 8 years of age.

-Can you release me, or do I have to do it myself? -Hecate was bored with the altercation but thankfully the car stopped, and the two women stepped outside.

The eerie feeling of the gothic architectural building surrounded by dense dark woods and fog made Hecate show a side smirk taking in the whole scenario before her being swarmed with thousands of different thoughts making her press the temples of her head, shut her eyes hard taking a deep breath forcing herself to silence them.

-Despite all that happened you grew out to be a formidable witch and our entire coven is proud of you. -Lilith faced the raven-haired girl -So am I -the kind words coming from her mother always felt like taking a bite at a rotten apple making Hecate frown at the display of motherly love even if she secretly enjoyed it. -Here, to protect your mind. -Lilith gave a simple necklace with a tiny vial to her daughter.

-Black salt? -Hecate inquired looking at the coal-coloured grains.

-Yes.

Ignoring her mother's gesture of kindness Hecate put on the necklace glancing one last time towards her mother that offered her smile but like always the girl dismissed it picking her black suitcases.

-I'll be off should you expect me in a week perhaps? -Hecate displayed a side smirk but Lilith glared at her daughter.

-I'll be accompanying you this time. -she informed and walked passing the annoyed teen.

⛤⛤⛤

The inside of the building carried the same eerie feeling to it mixed with an ethereal atmosphere allowing Hecate to feel more comfortable than she expected. Before the two jet black haired women stood a blonde, almost white haired one showing a pearly white smile to the two witches, but it was never returned.

Principal Weems surrounded herself with an aura of beauty and grace, the complete opposite of the Blacks, they unlike Weems were surrounded by a dangerous dark aura yet an inviting one.

-Welcome to Nevermore, you must be Hecate. -her voice sounded so melodic and according to Hecate, annoying. -You have a very unique name.

-I've been told. -the monotonous tone of the girl's voice made Principal Weems smile to waver but never disappear.

-Her name comes from the triple goddess. -Lilith informed giving Weems her bright open smile again.

-Lovely. Well as I told you before we normally do not accept student's midterm but...

-I could always return home. -Hecate joked while fidgeting with her long black nails.