ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔑𝔦𝔫𝔢

Hecate pulled away quickly, the silver flames retreating inside. Draco observed her carefully, he knew she was spiraling and it could go very wrong very quickly.

 "My apologies, I'll be in the living room if you need me." he bowed his head slightly and walked out of the room leaving Hecate to calm herself. 

 Letting a small flame burn, Hecate didn't bother to extinguish her power, she knew it needed to be burning at all times so she didn't explode.

 The kiss felt like a release, a need more than a desire and she knew it was because of all the adrenaline coursing through her veins, it wasn't fair to do it and she couldn't really stop thinking about Xavier so pushing those thoughts aside Hecate focused on the task as hand, to find whoever stole the bible and to protect her mother and leader.

 Trading the gossamer gown for a long sleeve velvet dress that covered her neck partially but exposed her midriff and left leg allowing the dagger strapped to her thigh to be fully visible. Removing the pins holding her hair up Hecate allowed her moon-white hair to be free covering her back in subtle waves.

 Hecate walked out making her way to the couches where her friends would be but Cressida stopped in front of her. No remains of her attitude from the party as the witch looked at the floor, not daring to face Hecate.

 "What?" Hecate groaned, it was natural for leaders to be harsh, it had been that way since the goddess birthed the witches.

 "I want to formally request your forgiveness for the curse I tried to cast during the game." Cressida voiced, submission was the word to describe both her posture and voice.

 "Then beg for it and it shall be done." Hecate held her chin up, what would her mortal friends think if they saw her acting like this, would they ever accept that the Hecate they knew was but one of her many faces? Would they try and hunt her as many had done before?

 Hecate was so wrapped in her thoughts she forgot about Cressida kneeling in front of her, her face parallel to the floor.

 "The goddess isn't without mercy so rise Cressida and may it never be repeated for the next time mercy won't be given," Hecate said and walked away leaving Cressida kneeling on the floor.

 "It has been a long time since I last saw that Hecate," Az said, his eyes still on Cressida who now walked away quickly and quietly.

 "It has been a long time since I last used that Hecate." she leaned into the couch.

 "I need to say it." Mor blurted like she would explode if she didn't voice whatever thoughts she had running around her head. "Do your eyes stay like that all the time now? Like flames burning?"

 Hecate laughed at her friend's question and Draco followed, Mor had always been like that, a powerful witch that acted like a clueless and innocent child, sometimes Hecate wondered if she enjoyed being a witch at all, not because of the power but because Mor wasn't necessarily mean, she could play the part perfectly but it was but a lie and her true friends knew it.

 "It helps a lot to keep them like this, like an escape to all the power inside," she explained while leaning in to pick a cup of tea.

 "I have a question." Az started gaining everyone's attention. "Should I prepare a protection detail for you mom?"

 Azriel was a powerful warlock but not in the same sense as Draco, Azriel was very strong and gifted with a sharp mind when it came to fighting and battles, he was Hecate's sworn protector and also the captain of the coven's warriors.

 "Yes, I would prefer if you put the twins since they are quite discreet and pick four of your best to guard our house," she ordered and he nodded getting up.