ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔑𝔦𝔫𝔢𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

Hecate and Xavier stood there for what felt like an eternity until one of them could say the next word, inside Hecate a pain crippled her whole being as she pushed herself to keep battling it, a war fought between heart and brain as one told her to forgive and forget and the other told her to make him pay.

 The witch had always been one to ignore feelings, to believe they were a weakness she would never possess but her time at Nevermore changed it and she was beginning to hate it, she hated the way she felt vulnerable, how could she let this happen? To be hurt like this by a mere mortal? But when did love listened to reason?

 -Please Hecate. -Xavier begged, the pain his words were laced with as he wanted to make everything whole again, to erase the last night completely.

 -I should kill you for even approaching me. -she hissed as her hand went to meet his accepting his offer.

 -You kept it. -Xavier voice was but a whisper, surprised to see the ring he had gave her.

 The two walked up to the dance floor shocking Bianca as they passed the siren, she was sure Hecate being who she was would never forgive him, she almost hoped the witch unleased some chaos as it was rumoured she had done before in the past.

 -I want to apologize to you, for hurting you like I did even if it was with no intent or knowledge. -Xavier pleaded as he looked into the girls eyes, a darkness clouding them, something he had seen when she arrived at Nevermore.

 -No knowledge? Are you really that stupid to think I would believe a word you say? -her voice cut like a sharp knife as she spat the words to him. 

 -No, I know you better than that but I could show you. -he gestured her hand to his temples, the soft touch of their skin irradiating the familiar warmth Hecate had grown to love causing her to quickly retract herself from him.

 -I don't even know why I'm still listening to you.

 -Because you know deep down I love you and I would never do anything to separate us from one another, let alone hurt you like it did. 

 -Yet you did, I was a fool thinking this relationship would ever be anything but a failure, witches will never be with mortals that much is known.

 -We share a connection that goes beyond that.

 -Well maybe by the end of the weekend we wont share it anymore. -she pulled herself away leaving him astonished at her words.

 -What do you mean?

 -Exactly what I said. -she explained taking out the ring, as much as it pained her she knew no good would come out of them being together so she had to just swallow in the pain and keep going.

 Hecate passed the boy walking over to the punch pouring herself a cup tasting the sweet beverage on her lips.

 -Hecate you look, dazzling. -Nick's voice broke her out of her trance of looking mindlessly to the dance floor.

 -I know. -she muttered causing him to chuckle at her answer. -

 -Join me in the dance floor will you? -he bowed slightly causing her to huff and roll her eyes. -Just so you can take your mind out of whatever happened with you and Xavier.

 -What do you mean?

 -I can see the way he looks at you across the room, almost like a lost puppy.

 She was about to accept the offer when the sight of Draco walking in the room made her change her mind, a knight in dark armour, he wasn't aware of the dress code as he used a tight suit pair of pants and a black button up shirt with the first three buttons open revealing the black ink on his chest.