ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔢𝔫

-Care to explain what was that back there? -Hecate asked once they closed the door to the green house.

 -You have to be kidding right? 

 -Not really no.

 -Hecate we kissed last night, not a ordinary peck on the lips a full blown make out session, what do you expect?

 -It was nothing, just a kiss nothing more. -she stated continuing to walk but Xavier stopped on his tracks looking at her.

 -That's a joke right?

 -We've known each other for like two weeks what do you expect?

 -Wow. -he simply stated. -For a witch you seem to not understand psychic connections very well.

 -We don't have one. -she lied.

 -So it meant nothing to you? -he questioned, the bruised ego making his voice low.

 -No. -she lied feeling a crippling feeling slithering down her throat as she spoke the words.

 -Okay then, I'm sure you can pick up the book alone. -he stated before turning his back to her walking away into the woods.

 Hecate felt the strangest thing inside her, a sentiment of guilt mixed with rage, rage towards herself for feeling so uncertain she would rather drive him away then trying to explore whatever existed between the two. 

 Walking alone across the yard Hecate decided to turn away and wander the woods feeling the presence of Salem behind her as she stepped into the dense tree line.

 The feeling of a hundred creatures yet not a single thought were a bliss for Hecate as she closed her eyes feeling everything around her holding her hands out, palms facing the ground as she channelled the nature's magic into her feeling a bliss but the twitch of a branch broke her state of blissfulness snapping her eyes open.

 -Sorry to interrupt you. -Nicholas flirty voice sounded behind Hecate.

 -It's fine. -she turned to face him seeing the warlock against a tree, black skinny jeans, leather jacket and the usual flirty expression.

 -Practising?

 -Channelling actually.

 -How about we channel together and try to do something.

 -Like?

 -Call upon the goddess for protection, outreach day can become quite dangerous really fast. -Nick explained approaching the witch.

 -You worship Hekate as well? 

 -Whatever gives me what I want. -she scoffed before holding his hands.

 The two started to pray to Hekate mumbling the same words repeatedly as the wind grew stronger and the leaves started to swirl around them. Hecate asked for protection nor only for her but for her friends and most important for Xavier but Nick didn't heard that part nor he needed to.

 -So where do you expect to be assigned during outreach day? -he asked as they broke the link.

 -I don't really care, whatever gets me to pass the day faster.

 -Not a fan of normies?

 -I don't really care for normies.

 -Are psychics more your thing? -he questioned as they walked back to Nevermore.

 -What do you mean by that? -she questioned with a raised eyebrow to him.

 -I've seen how close you are to Thorpe.