MSMC Bk 6 - Chapter 24

Chapter 24-Knuckles & Claire get to know each other

Knuckle's POV

I sat and listened to Mindy tell me about her family and what she had been through that brought her to me and was glad she'd had a good childhood and had a good relationship with her family. I could tell that she missed them.

I also dreaded telling her about my fucked up family life. But when she said "So what about you? Are you close with your family?" I decided that I would tell her and get it over with and hopefully we would never have to talk about it again.

"No. No, I'm not. I have 3 sisters, who are bitches who will fuck anything with a dick and 2 brothers, both of them are bullies who learned well from my father, who was an abusive asshole. My mom and I were kind of close, mainly because I was the baby of the family but she passed away when I was 15 from cancer.

My dad has a small ranch outside of El Paso and expected all of us boys to work it for him while he cruised the bars looking for a "new mamasita for us". He brought home some real tramps that he had met in bars, but thankfully none of them hung around for long. My brothers are big in body build but not as tall as me. I was tall and skinny. All knees and elbows and they got a kick out of picking on me.

They were happy wrangling cattle but I was more into mechanical stuff and I like to build things. The day after I turned 18, I packed my stuff, hopped into my old pick up truck and left town. I was sick and tired of my brothers beating me up and my dad telling me what a disappointment to him I was. No matter how hard I worked, nothing I did could please him and I decided I wasn't going to waste my life trying to prove to him that I'm a good person and deserve better than what they had to offer.

I had almost no money, because my dad expected us to work for free, and I drove until I ran out of gas, about 5 miles from here. I hitched a ride into town and saw a help wanted sign in the window of the pizza place. I was making minimum wage, plus tips and they gave me a gas allowance. I got a can full of gas for my truck and hitched another ride back to my truck. Filled it up enough to get me to town and I blew the last of the money I had on gas because I would need it for my job. I spent about a month sleeping in the back of my truck and eating what the pizza place serves or treating myself to McD's sometimes.

One of the other guys from the pizza place was looking for a roommate so I moved in with him and discovered he was gay! I told him I didn't care but to keep his distance. He needed the money help more than he needed a lover so we were okay with it until I walked in on him and one of his boy toys going at it in the living room one night.

I thought I was going to be sick right there on the spot. I found a room to rent from an elderly couple and moved the next day. Please don't repeat that to anyone because I've never told anyone about that here. Anyway, I worked, mostly delivering pizzas and even did some time working at the supermarket as a stock boy just to make more money but they didn't pay very well either plus they had a problem working with me on a schedule.

They wanted more of my time but weren't willing to pay anymore and I was making better money working at the pizza place, mostly because of the tips so they finally let me go. About a month later was when I delivered to Bernie's and met Boxer. I've been here ever since. Boxer and Hulk have taught me how to fight and helped train me to lift weights and I work either at the garage or with the building crew and make more money in one month than I did in a whole year working delivering pizzas." I told her, glad to have that over with.

"Wow. They were having sex in the living room knowing you could come home at any minute?" Mindy asked in amazement.

"Hahahaha! Yep! I couldn't believe it either. I mean, he tried to come on to me a few days after I moved in but I told him up front that I wasn't into guys, just girls and he said he respected that and left me alone." I told her.