MSMC Bk 6 - Chapter 22

Chapter 22-Mindy meets Knuckles!

Rooster's POV

Sammy woke me up the next morning and since I had worn Dixie out last night, I got up, changed my son's diaper and after a quick trip to the bathroom for myself, I pulled on some clothes and took Sammy downstairs for his bottle and a cup of coffee for me. When I got to the bottom step I heard yelling and then laughter from the kitchen.

When I entered the kitchen it was to find Claire, Circuit and an unswollen Mindy laughing and having a good time. I stood and looked at her for just a moment. She's actually very attractive now that the swelling is almost completely gone. I'd always thought she had a kick ass body and that her hair was beautiful but this morning it was her large emerald green eyes that captured my attention. I think once the swelling is completely gone, she's going to look like a pixie in the face.

She's going to be a real heart breaker with those looks and that body. She even has a nice laugh. Hey, don't judge, I may be married and dedicated to Dixie but I'm not dead and can appreciate a good looking woman!

"What's all the yelling and laughing about? It's too early in the morning for this." I asked as I stepped into the kitchen.

"Morning, Prez. I'm just finding out about Mindy here. She's a feisty one for sure." Circuit chuckled.

"Oh, what a cute baby! May I?" Mindy asked and at first I thought Sammy was going to refuse when she held out her hands to him but he looked at her for a few seconds and then surprised me when he held out his arms and went to her willingly!

As I handed over my son to her, I went to find a bottle of Dixie's breast milk in the fridge. She had stopped breast feeding him but we still had several bottles of her milk frozen up for him that we were slowly mixing with formula to get him used to it before we switched off completely. Dixie always took out a new frozen bottle from the freezer every night so that it would be ready to be mixed in the mornings. Making sure I had the right bottle, I quickly mixed up his breakfast bottle as I drank my coffee and listened to the three crazies in my kitchen with a smile on my face.

When Sammy's bottle was ready, I held out my hands for my son and Mindy said "Oh please, let me?" She held out her hand for his bottle but I said "Sorry, but this is my bonding time with my son. I don't get to spend enough time with him as it is."

"Oh okay. I just love babies. They are so soft and cuddly and sweet." She said as she regretfully handed my son back to me.

"I must say you are looking much better this morning. The swelling is almost completely gone and no raccoon mask. How are your ribs?" I asked as I took my son back and settled him in my arms and gave him his bottle.

"Better, thanks. I soaked in the hot water and epsom salt yesterday for almost an hour like Doc said and it really helped. Still too sore to lift my arms high but at least I can get a full breath again." Mindy said.

"Well, I will be introducing you at breakfast after everyone has assembled and you will be known as an untouchable. The men will be able to speak to you but if anyone tries to put his hands on you without your consent, he will pay severely. You will be free to move around the house and grounds without an escort but not until after I make the announcement. Understand?" I told her.

"Yes sir! And thank you." Mindy said, with a big smile that I knew was going to attract at least one if not more of the men as it seemed to light up her whole face.

"Oh, Prez, I think I should let you know that Tiffany didn't leave the club house until after I was up this morning. She was coming out of a room three doors down from Mindy's." Claire reported.