MSMC Bk 6 - Chapter 11

Chapter 11-Rescuing Nancy and her siblings

Rooster's POV

For the next two weeks, things were rather quiet at the MC. Boomer talked to me about finishing up Boxer and Tiana's place, even though they would be staying at the clubhouse when they first come back. Boomer scheduled Rudy and Kevin to go and finish up the painting and then he went over and helped them put together the crib.

Dixie, Marley and Nessa went over and arranged the baby's furniture as well as the furniture in the master bedroom. The women made sure the bed was made and that the bathrooms were freshly cleaned. They also made sure that they would have things they would need right away like diapers and other baby stuff but also things like towels, extra sheets and dishes. I gave them a budget and they, thankfully, stuck to it.

Just when I thought we were going to make it all the way through the summer, we got a rescue call from Dana about a woman with two kids that were in the diner. They were covered in bruises and from what Dana told us, it looked like they had been walking for a couple of days at least. The woman had come in and begged Dana for some food and water for the kids, saying she would wash dishes or clean the bathrooms if Dana would at least feed the kids.

"Rooster, these kids are maybe 4 and 6 years old. The mother barely looks old enough to have kids, much less ones that old and it looks like she took the majority of the beatings but the kids have bruises on their arms and legs. They are covered in mosquito bites and are filthy dirty. Can you please come and at least talk to her?" Dana said.

"Sure, Dana. I'll be right there." I said. I left my office and called down to the gym where Gunner and Boomer were working with the prospects and some of the members. "Grab a couple of prospects to drive an SUV. Dana just called and said she's got a woman with two little kids that need to be rescued. They are all covered in bruises, mosquito bites and are filthy dirty as well as starving. Come with me, just in case the abuser shows up."

We called on Manny, who was all healed up now and Ronnie. The two of them had become quite close since Manny and Cheryl have been here. "Manny, grab an SUV and you guys follow us to town. We're going to pick up a rescue of a young woman and two kids who showed up at the diner."

"Right behind you, Prez." Manny said as he and Ronnie ran over to one of the SUVs and got inside as we mounted our bikes. Twenty minutes after Dana's call, we were parking in front of the diner. We walked inside and Dana came right up to us.

"They are over there. She's been beat up pretty bad. Her lip is split and her left eye is basically swollen shut. The kids look like someone has been putting their hands on them because I can see bruises on their arms and legs and they act terrified if you move too fast." Dana told us.

Dana led us over to them and as soon as we stopped by their table, the kids dived underneath the table and we could hear them whimpering.

"Hey! It's okay. These are my friends. They won't hurt you. I promise." Dana said bending over to where the two children were huddled together, hanging on to each other and shaking like little leaves.

"I'm sorry. We've all been through so much, they are afraid of everyone now." The young woman said.

Just then Manny stepped up and said "Nancy? Is that you?"

"Manny? What are you doing here?" The young woman asked.

I stepped back and let Manny come forward as we watched them interact with each other.

"I'm with the MSMC now. What happened to you?" Manny asked.

"I came back to see my mom and that SOB she married didn't want me there because I'm not his but damn it, that's my mom's house, not his. He's been beating on her and the kids for a while now. The kids are afraid of their own shadows especially if you move too fast or suddenly. He waited until she was gone to town and he lit into me. Started beating me up. I grabbed the kids and ran. I called my mom and left her a message but she never called me back.