17

"It's okay" I tell him as he has this haunting look on his face again. He starts to put on his clothes. "I have to go" he says with coldness in his voice. I nod and then get up. He almost left the room and me here before I stopped him. "Not even a kiss goodbye?" I ask him. He stops for a minute before the door and then turns around. He starts to kiss me with so much passion. He never has kissed me like this before. Kissing me like he is saying goodbye.

"I love you so much that it hurts" he whispers to me and then immediately leaves. I have this crazy gut feeling but I push it away.

After leaving our love nest, that's what we call the abandoned house we found on our hike months ago, I went home.

Everyone seems to be out and since j have nothing more to do, I go to my room and fall asleep like a baby feeling content.

                                                                                  The next morning

I woke up by a knock on my door. It's my step brother. "Did something happen?" I ask him while yawning and putting on my robe. "Father is very mad at you. Please leave" he tells me with a worried expression on his face.

I run downstairs and hear the loud shouting. He starts to laugh when he sees me. " Well well look at who we have here" he spits out. I have learned over the years to not say anything. I look at him in his eyes since he started to scream even louder.

"The only reason why I allowed that boy to come here and to be part of this family is because of his billions. I really thought you would be able to do something with him, but you prove me wrong again. You were just one of his quests" he says to me as my mother stands there in silence. I don't know what is going on and I'm afraid to speak, afraid that I'm going to get beaten up again.

"Jake is getting married to the daughter of one of my biggest rivals! Married!" He shouts out. I could feel the air getting warmer. " No this can't be true" I finally speak out. " They got engaged last night!" He shouts out. I can feel my head getting dizzy...