28

''I need to see him'' i tell her. She looks at me with a puzzled look on her face. ''It's one in the morning'' she tells me. ''I don't care. You have more than a billion dollars and so do i. Who do i have to bribe to see him now?'' i shout. I sit down beside her. ''sorry for shouting'' i whisper to her. ''Wait here'' she says to me.

Within an hour we were here. It looked like a big fancy school. Everything was made of marble and looked very expensive. We got checked by people and were allowed to go inside.

''His room is at the end. He is sleeping now so you will have to wake him up. We have not started with any medication yet because we are still assessing him so he will be easy to wake up'' the nurse said to us. 

We walked towards the end but his sister stops mid. ''You are not coming?'' i ask her. ''This is your and his time, i do not want to impose. I will wait for you in the car'' she tells me and leaves. 

As i put my hand on the door handle, my heart gets heavier.

''Jake?'' i call out as i see him lying on the big bed. He just stares at me. He says nothing and just stares. ''Please lie down beside me'' he whispers. As i lie down beside him, he caresses my cheek. ''I wish this dream would be real and we could just lie down here forever'' he whispers to me as his tears fall down his cheeks. He thinks he is dreaming. This is breaking my heart.

''You are not dreaming'' i whisper to him. He still looks at me in awe. ''Your sister is waiting in the limo downstairs. She is the one who brought me here'' i whisper to him and when i say that he abruptly stands up. He looks down. ''You don't want me here?'' i ask him. He says nothing. That means yes. It's like someone stabbed me in my chest all over again. 

''I will only hurt you. Save yourself. Save yourself from me'' he whispers to me. He takes two step backs when i try to go closer to him. ''I am broken Esra'' he says to me while tears keep falling. ''So am i '' i whisper to him. ''No you should go'' he says to me with a stern voice. 

I am not going to leave him. No more sadness when there shouldn't be.