24

Day of the funeral

Everyone was shaking my hand and giving me questionable looks. I have greeted so many people today. The service just begin an hour ago and people keep coming. I knew that there were 300 people on the list, but this seems much more.

My heart started beating faster. I don't know why until i realized why. My body knew he was near without me actually even knowing he is here. He was now standing in the line to give his condolences to my little brother and I. Thank god i chose to wear big sunglasses today. 

The more he came near, the harder my heart started to beat. Lord i hope i don't pass out. I was so thinking in my mind that i didn't even realize he was standing before me. I looked at him. He can't see my eyes through the glasses. He will never be able to look me in the eye anymore. I will make sure of that. He wanted to shake my hand but i pulled it back. ''Thank you for attending'' i say to him not understanding what he just said to me. I also said that to the person next in line. He was startled and was still looking at me i could see through my glasses. 

The day just wasn't ending. After the thousand of speeches people wanted to give, it was time to lay them into the ground. After that the people could still stay to converse.

''Don't leave me alone'' i whisper to my little brother and he nodded. My eyes were not looking for him. After getting betrayed like that no one would. I breathed in and out. ''It has been a long day, how about we go home?'' i ask my best friend. 

As i turn around, there he was standing. He looked at me. I just stood still, not knowing what to do. ''I will leave you guys alone and be back in a bit'' my best friend says. I just stood frozen there for a 5 second until i could feel all this rage coming up. ''No'' i said loudly and she stopped in her tracks. ''There is nothing to discuss here'' i say sternly to her and leave there leaving them alone there, feeling tears streaming down my eyes. I take the hand of my little brother and go to the limo parked outside. 

As i sit in the car the streams of tears flow even more. The door opens and my best friend comes and sits beside me. ''You need to confront him and get closure'' she whispers to me.