20

I go home and look at the room I stayed in. I feel nothing. I feel so numb. The maid told me that my stepfather, mother and step brother are gone to Italy. They will be back in a week.

I go up to the vanity of my mother and put down the letter I wrote to her.

Letter:

Dear mother,
I don't know if you are even worthy to be called that. I have never felt like I was your daughter. You and this husband of yours have made my life a living hell since we moved here. I don't want nothing to do with this life anymore. I'm moving to somewhere far away from here. I don't want you or anyone to find me. I don't want to see any of you ever again. Esra

I leave the letter right where her perfume is. She never stops spraying it so I know she will see my letter. I get a notification. The money. I now have almost a million in this bank account. I'm selling my car too, so that means I can almost have that million. More than enough to live off.

My hands are shaking as I dial my best friend her number, tears falling down my face and my eyes blood red shot. She's not picking up. I feel my breath even becoming heavier. A part of me was happy that she didn't pick up.

"Anna. My pretty and sweet Anna" I whisper out as her answering machine peep begins recording. " you have always been and will be the only person that has actually cared for me. I will never forget you and I hope you never forget me. I have always wished that we would get married and live not far from each other. I have wished for life to be better. I have wished for a lot" I say and break down and end the call.

I look at all the airplanes taking off in the far. I feel like my chest is getting heavier and heavier. I call her again. " By the time you get this call, this number will be tossed away. I though I had finally found the love of my life. The man I am going to marry. The man whose children I would like to pop out" I say jokingly.

" I have been so wrong Anna. He doesn't love me. He never has it seems. He just discarded me like I was nothing. He really didn't feel nothing from me. It was all a lie. I gave my body, mind and soul to a person who was never in love with me" I start to ball my eyes out.