18

No no no. This can't be true. It feels like someone knocks out the air out of me. My stepfather may be a cruel man but he never lied.

"They got engaged last night. The press is going to get an official press release in an hour. Then you will probably believe the fairytale you were living was nothing but a lie" he says with sarcasm. "It can't be true. He loves me" I cry out.

My father walks up to me and slaps me hard on my face. So hard that I fell down. "You will never ever speak of his name again in this house. Do you hear me?" He shouts at me. I don't answer him so he starts to kick. I feel a blow to my face and blood squirts out. I nod and he stops with the kicking and leaves. Nobody helps me. Nobody even bothers to ask me if I am okay.

My step father hasn't touched me since the day Jake came to this house. Where is he now? Where is Jake? He promised that he was going to protect me.

I stand up and go to my car as I then drive straight to his house. I left the car on the side of the road and then step up to go to the entrance.

"You can't go in" the guard tells me. " it's me Esra" I tell him. He looks at me with sadness in his face. He knows me. This guard and I have had so many conversations before that I even know his name. "Jake gave strict orders that you are not allowed inside anymore. I'm sorry Esra " the guard tells me. He can lose his job if I press on it and the last thing I want is other people to suffer because of me.

I walk away and keep on calling him like crazy. Pick up pick up. I feel myself getting frustrated as I began to shout his name. The guard looks at me and does nothing.

I finally hear a beep. A message and I see his name pop up. I wish I never read it.

                                                                                                     📲

Jake: I never want to see or hear from you again. Forget everything that happened between us, it meant nothing.