27

My mind was not working. That's why he just discarded me like i never existed, because in his life then i wouldn't have to.

''When he broke things off with you he protested against dad that he won't contact you ever again, but he won't marry that girl and ruin her life knowing he will always belong to you. So a month before the wedding, because dad was putting pressure on him, he slit his wrists.'' my eyes almost popped out. ''No you are lying'' i whisper.

''He was so depressed. He already lost his life when he had to distance himself from you. He lost the essence of life. Dad was pushing him and pushing him until he was done with life. He almost died. He was in a coma for a long time. Even my father was shocked and began struggling with his own health because of the stress. When he was out of the coma he was admitted to a psychiatric ward. When he was released dad had guards guarding him 24/7. Dad was looking for you to reunite you guys, he was scared of losing Jake'' she tells me while holding my hand.

''Why didn't i hear nothing then?'' i ask her. 

''We don't know what happened but he told dad that he had killed himself mentally when he hurt you. He has no will to live long but he will be here for the sake of him. He refused for dad to seek out to you. He told dad that all he wants is for you to have a good life even if it is without him. He told dad to leave it and it is too late. He hurt you way too much and will do much more when you will see him'' she takes the liquor bottle and opens it. 

''Dad died last month and on his deathbed asked for forgiveness. He asked him to look for you and if the love is real and strong it will overcome anything. But he was just refusing to do that. He didn't want to bring you anymore sorrow. Everything changed when he saw you at the funeral. He cried Esra. When he came home he cried and he cried like a baby. That's why he came to see you that night'' she tells me as she pours her first shot.

''He was going to tell me everything?'' i ask her. ''I don't think so. He wouldn't do that. He would never burden you with everything. He came to ask for forgiveness. For hurting you. But when he heard about your miscarriage...i saw that flip in him. I took no chance and got him admitted again. We have all this money in the world you know, but no one else to love us. No one is there for us'' she says to me while i see her tears streaming.

I couldn't take this anymore. I was hurting, i still am. I never knew how much he did. I blamed him for everything. He knows that too and that's why everything is so heavy on him. The baby. He is blaming himself again. What if he does what again? Many scenarios come through my mind.